• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The Android Appreciation Thread

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have an original Droid I got at release I am well into upgrade time on my phone but do not have a clue as to what phone I would like to switch to. I put armor on my droid when I got it and made it feel very strong( basically doubled the weight of it. The second thing I did was install an invisi sheild to the screen which is a lexan cover and has protected that as well. My loving of th edroid has gotten both of my brothers and father to each swap to a andriod based phone from Blackberry. I though tit was a great thing for them to do.I love the idea of open source and people coming together to improve software and things. One of the main reasons I am against Blackberry and iPhone.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I toileted my original Moto Droid last week. Just got a new Droid X2, I love this thing :wub:

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Anyone get the Samsung note? Upgraded from my galaxy s vibrant yesterday. Can't wait to get ICS on it!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
android still sucks... i no longer run anything windows based either!

jhammel85

I just got a samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket (in white) 2 weeks ago. I love it! Its a big advancement over my old galaxy s captivate. The only thing I have a problem with is that it doesn't have Gorilla Glass..or maybe it does since the regular galaxy s and the s2 have it. I've heard clueless reps from both att and samsung say it does or it doesn't. So right now I'm using it with a stupid grainy screen protector...

Btw, gingerbread is waaaayyy better then the froyo os that was on my old galaxy. Looking forward to the ics update...

I also got an acer A500 10" tablet that's running honey comb. Its very,very good. Should be getting ics soon too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jhammel85

Also...anyone looking to sync itunes should try isync for android. Way better then doubletwist.

Another cool app I found is waze. I use it to commute to work. The traffic on my way into work is a hit or miss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
The only thing I have a problem with is that it doesn't have Gorilla Glass..or maybe it does since the regular galaxy s and the s2 have it.
That's weird for it to not have the gorilla glass. I know in Canada all high end Samsungs have it.

Did you have issues with your Galaxy S? Mine was always freezing, going into SOS mode, and probably 10 other things I can't think of right now.

Rolled Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Did you have issues with your Galaxy S? Mine was always freezing, going into SOS mode, and probably 10 other things I can't think of right now.
I had many issues with my galaxy s captivate. I now have a gs2 and love it. I have had no issues at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I've sold hundreads of S2s since they have been released. Not once have I seen a customer come back and say something bad about it.

Just reading today that the S3 might be released in July.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
How do you like the note as a phone? I want to upgrade from my aspire to either the skyrocket or the note. The note just feels a little too big for a phone.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I love it! At first I was unsure about the size but now that I've had it for about a week it doesn't seem like such a huge phone. I wouldn't go back to my galaxy s vibrant or even the S2. I use a lot of data in a month ~6-7gigs so for me the phone is perfect. Its fast has the best screen I've ever seen on a phone.

The battery life....its both good and bad. I unplug mine at 10 in the morning and if I use it all day ill charge it when I get hone at 7. But it takes quite a bit to power the screen so overall I'm happy with the battery life.

Go into a store and play with it for a few minutes and you'll be hooked.

Sent from my Samsung note using Tapatalk.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
I've been to the stores and played with the skyrocket and note (both belonged to employees and were live phones, not the dummys) i'm already used to the size of the skyrocket. And i've been using samsung touch phones since the eternity so i know my way around both devices. Without actually using it for more than a half gour or so in the store it still seems a tad large. Its too bad you can't rent phones....

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Not sure what company you're with but here in Canada with virgin mobile you have 14 days to switch phones if you don't like it.

It did take me a few days to get over the size but now it feels normal to me. Also check out the Galaxy Nexus. Its a 4.65 inch screen, might be a bit better for you.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Im on att. I think they have the same policy but i live in bfi so smartphones arent sitting on the shelf and shipping charges are non refundable... I'll likely end up getting the skyrocket. Its atts galaxy 2 4g lte. Their latest and greatest prior to the release of the note.

Since its the same size as the aspire i'm using right now, i'm already used to it.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
The only reason I took the note over the S2 was because I no longer have a computer and trying to use the smaller screen for everything was a PITA.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals