• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thank You General Motors!!!!

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I like the Asian lines & designs. I don't think it's ugly at all!

Such companies brought us the Toyota Supra, 1993-95 RX-7, Subaru WRX, and Datsun 280Z. Beautiful cars with timeless styling. :yahoo: :headbang: :icon_hornsup: :icon_cheers:

Then again, they DID also bring the Ridgeline. :sad:

I hope they bring that diesel here. I would buy that, seriously. I'm a hardcore Ford guy, too. But, you have to appreciate the torque numbers, fuel economy, and stoutness of such a vehicle. China-made or not, I'm sure it will still be a solid platform.

But, you can't hate on Chevy all the time: IMO, a car guy appreciates ALL that is automobile. The Chevy aluminum LS2 motor, 400hp/400tq N/A with mid 20 economy, and superb handling in a Vette proves that Chevy is no crap brand. C'mon now guys...

But, seeing as how small & midsize pickups are dwindling, a midsize diesel will not make it here in the States.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
HOLELY F*** :shok:

At least we know now who's leg GM has been humping. :shok:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I
Wentzville MO plant I believe. Google it, there are a few recent stories about it.
I don't believe a god damn word GM says or prints. Still waiting for the money they owe me. I won't believe it until I see them rolling off the assembally line. Even then I still wouldn't buy one. They might build decent engines but my blazer has been nothing but problems with everything from hub assemballies to a fracked up computer climate control to a fracked up anti-lock brake module. Trim pieces that are coming out, 4wd that won't engage when it drops below 10*f, windows that don't roll up and down........ But it does get 22mpg.

I know it sounds like I an knitpicking a used 10yo car but my Lincoln is older and has nearly 3 times the mileage and it is a fair comparasion because they are fairly close on msrp. 39grand on the Lincoln and 37grand on the Blazer........ GM is not worth their weight in used toilet paper........... Like a damn dodge........... Engine may last forever but the rest of the truck will fall apart around it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think it has the kind of cab like the Tundra (the colorado that is).

I think the global stuff looks just fine, the thing is global means its sold world wide and thus has to appeal to more then just one group of people. And they are less "flash" because most other countrys just want a truck...

I think that ford pulling the Ranger is probably a good thing atleast for now, it is in desperate need of a redesign. Its got almost 20 year old R&D in it. It gets worse mileage then even the fullsized trucks, and is woefully behind any of the competition (tacoma, colorado, and much less but the nissan and zukis).

Either an F100 (I think isn't going to go well, its like another retro bring back, the ranger is an already established name with the younger crowd that is going to buy it.
If they just wanted a truck they wouldn't be so stuck on the dumb thing looking like a car. They are hardly a utilitarian truck. No way I would even consider one, absolutly hidious IMO.

The Ranger beat the snot out of the Colorado/Suzuki knockoff and Nissan (both half ton and Frontier) in sales in the US, that says something too.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
If they just wanted a truck they wouldn't be so stuck on the dumb thing looking like a car. They are hardly a utilitarian truck. No way I would even consider one, absolutly hidious IMO.

The Ranger beat the snot out of the Colorado/Suzuki knockoff and Nissan (both half ton and Frontier) in sales in the US, that says something too.
Maybe i should rephrase that... Most of what Europe buys is small cars, and these look like larger versions of small cars they buy and therefore blend in a heck of alot better compared to the rugged looks of the american models... aka Less Flash. :dunno:

Yeah people in America like American things, just because something is made in america doesn't mean people think that way, they just see a badge and assume its not american.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Maybe i should rephrase that... Most of what Europe buys is small cars, and these look like larger versions of small cars they buy and therefore blend in a heck of alot better compared to the rugged looks of the american models... aka Less Flash. :dunno:

Yeah people in America like American things, just because something is made in america doesn't mean people think that way, they just see a badge and assume its not american.
It is a whole different matter of taste, one that I will not be forced into... and why different parts of the world have had different vehicles in the first place.

I don't care who's sticker is on it or where it is made, if I don't like it I don't like it. If I can't stand the sight of it the chances of me laying down a big chunk of money for it are pretty slim. And when it gets cheap (like really cheap) I would be more likely to rip its guts out (if they are worthy) and transplant into something I do like than to keep it whole anyway.

Last edited:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I thought I'd share a random thought I had today while I was at the dealer. I noticed the sign that said "Ford F-Series Pickup; America's Best Selling Truck for 33 years".

If they do make an F-100, that will surely be included in the F-Series equation, and I don't believe the Ranger is factored into that now. I believe they outsold the 2nd place seller by nearly 100,000 units last year IIRC.

Sultan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It seems like ugly is so easy to do........

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I

I know it sounds like I an knitpicking a used 10yo car but my Lincoln is older and has nearly 3 times the mileage and it is a fair comparasion because they are fairly close on msrp. 39grand on the Lincoln and 37grand on the Blazer........ GM is not worth their weight in used toilet paper........... Like a damn dodge........... Engine may last forever but the rest of the truck will fall apart around it.
You spent $37k on a 2001 Blazer? Even new that is too much. There was your first mistake. $39k for a Lincoln may be right depending on which Lincoln

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
You spent $37k on a 2001 Blazer? Even new that is too much. There was your first mistake. $39k for a Lincoln may be right depending on which Lincoln
I paid 8000 for it. It sold for 37 and change new. I know, I just paid 175 to register it for another year. Like I said...... My lincoln is older and nearly 3x the mileage and far better fit and finish............. I paid 4000 for the lincoln.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I thought I'd share a random thought I had today while I was at the dealer. I noticed the sign that said "Ford F-Series Pickup; America's Best Selling Truck for 33 years".

If they do make an F-100, that will surely be included in the F-Series equation, and I don't believe the Ranger is factored into that now. I believe they outsold the 2nd place seller by nearly 100,000 units last year IIRC.
Probably not, the competition would cry their eyes out about it not being a fair comparison.

$37k is probably about right for a decked out Blazer. When the parets were looking at Explorers in the early '00's a new decent XLT was about $30k. MSRP is the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price and not what whoever bought it new paid for it.

The Lincoln is 10 years older, $39k went a lot farther in 1991 than it did in 2001.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Probably not, the competition would cry their eyes out about it not being a fair comparison.

$37k is probably about right for a decked out Blazer. When the parets were looking at Explorers in the early '00's a new decent XLT was about $30k. MSRP is the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price and not what whoever bought it new paid for it.

The Lincoln is 10 years older, $39k went a lot farther in 1991 than it did in 2001.
My continental is a 99.

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Bring back the Dodge Rampage.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Only if it was going to be built in the US. Might as well just buy a Tacoma otherwise. Remember, GM likes to build cars in China....... Global Colorado sounds like it might be built overseas. I know that blog suggests it will be built here but I wont believe it until I see the assembally plant.
Isn't it ironic that foreign manufacturers have found it more practical to build cars here, yet our own manufacturers that are headquartered here see it to be better to build overseas? :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals