• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TFI Recommend

gstuartw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
TBD
Make / Model
Bronco II
Hello

Some of you might have read my post Fuel starved '88 B2? and are aware of my current project on my manual transmission '88 B2 XLT.

I am will soon be in the process of installing a remote TFI kit and will be purchasing a new TFI. I would like advice form other B@ owners on the following if you don't mind:

What brand have you used other than OEM? What model? Are you happy with your choice?
Is there difference in TFI for a manual transmission versus an automatic? What about 4 speed versus 5 speed?

(The reason I ask about transmission type is I input my vehicle information on Amazon and they suggest that one choice is the Accel 35368 is a fit for my vehicle but the description includes A/T. The Accel 35369 is labeled with M/T but stated as not a fit for my vehicle. The information I listed was 1988 Ford Bronco II with 5 speed transmission. Thoughts?

Thanks

Stuart

gstuartw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
TBD
Make / Model
Bronco II
@franklin2

Thanks for your reply. I'm curious as to why Accel chose to identify their products as A/T or M/T. Go figure. By the way the manufacturer of the relo kit recommended the M/T version of the Acell. Not making judgments.

Her is the McCully Racing Motors kit I chose to splurge on. I wanted simplicity in installation as I have limited time in my garage to do this sort of work and my tools are in a storage unit anticipating a moving company. Some may raise their eyebrows at the cost but you have to admit this seems to be a well made product with plenty of experience behind the manufacture and refinement. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals