• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Taking out the seats in my Ranger!!!

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was getting ready to take the 60/40 seats out of my 01 ranger to convert them to buckets and noticed that a T60 is too big and a T55 is just a hair too small?? Do they make a T57 because if they did i think it would be perfect! Let me know please???

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It would be great if someone would at least let me know if they have ran into the same problem or something!!!!!

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It's T55. It fits a little loose, yes. Same size for your bed bolts too. Just take it easy on the corners and you'll be fine.

For my seat bolts, I use a set of '05 seat bolts...that are hex head 15mm. Got sick and tired of dealing with those stupid Torx head bolts.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
my torx bit seemed like it just wasn't right either... but just go slow like fx4 said... don't rush it, and to me it seemed like it took forever (same as on the seatbelt bolts)

just be patient! did you have to tear away at the foam armrest to find that bolt? i did... just wondering.

also, pictures of your project would be cool... i don't have the tools or time to fully convert to buckets right now, so i just took off my arm rest and i'll have my sub hopefully sit in there in due time.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I noticed this as well, except mine are in there so tight I haven't got them out yet. Tried a regular ratchet, then a breaker bar, then a breaker bar with a pipe extension and my air ratchet and impact . . . all while trying not to strip it out.

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I zipped mine out with a t55 and an impact. No bolt-stripping issues. If you're just using a ratchet, you'll be fine as long as you keep the bit fairly straight in the bolt head while you're breaking it loose.

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks everyone for the input, I took the seat out today and didn't have what I needed to cut through the metal arm rest base. I will post pics up tomorrow, and the bolts came out just fine. Again thanks for the input!!!

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i did the same conversion job to my ranger, too. but my seat bolts were 10mm hex? pains in the ass too, i seriously had to use an impact gun to get them off. but the overall project came out great and it doesnt take very long. to cut through the metal support beams underneath the center part, i just used a grinder with a metal cutting wheel and it worked out great.

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sorry guys haven't gotten pics up yet of the 60/40 conversion hope maybe today I will!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals