• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Taillights and Dash lights not working, 1996 B3000

Linus72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Manual
I've been trying to figure this out for awhile and could use some help!
So far I've checked all fuses underwood and at fuse block in cab, I replaced headlight switch but that didn't help either.
I've heard it could be the dimmer switch?
I've also heard the dash lights and rear tail lights are connected?
To be clear, my head lights, turn signals, brake lights and front marker lights work But no dash lights and no tail lights.
Also, the lights where the climate control is do work and the radio lights dim when I turn on the lights.
So, any ideas what could be doing this?
Thanks!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, the dimmer for the dash/cluster back lights but if the climate control lights work, i.e. dim and brighten then could be wiring issue at the dimmer
The dash has 6 bulbs, 3 bulbs use a different wire to dimmer than the other 3 bulbs so with a wire issue you wouldn't lose all 6

Yes, fuse 7 in the cab fuse box is shared by Park and Back lights(cluster)

But all 4 corners park lights use the same fuse, there is no front back separation

If you have Keyless entry(fobs) then there is a Park Light Relay, so lights can be flashed for lock and unlock
But it is used for all 4 corners no front back separation

There is a Brown wire used at all 4 corners for park lights, I would test at the rear of the truck under the bed where "trailer lights" have been installed, wires can break there, there is just the 1 brown wire and it splits to the two bulbs AND license plate light

Linus72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Manual
Ok thanks I'm gonna check...I'm pretty color blind though lol.
I forgot to add I have no tag lights also.
The white lights at top back of cab don't work either but the brake light in the middle does.
Are the white lights at top back of cab also in same circuit as tail lights/tag lights?
Thanks

Linus72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Manual
Here's a couple pics.
There's a couple tape jobs there but how do I get to the one in pic #1 where it's behind the bumper??
I need to pull the harness down to access or how do I do it?

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals