• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tacoma or Ranger

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you are not in a huge hurry check out the HILUX -Just read on yahoo where Toyota is thinking of importing them -smaller and cheaper than ranger or tacoma.Both are fine trucks btw

Last edited:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
your gonna buy a yota and chill on TRS? get the ranger, save your money.

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Ford dealer is getting the truck I want shipped in and secure by saturday. Will post pics when i get her home!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Not to America. Car and Driver, Road and Track and other Motomags say...NO. I have a cousin who has worked for Toyota for 20 years now. He builds the Tacomas. He said it will stay overseas. In Thailand one goes for about $30,000 US dollars. The ones that I really like from Iceland are just above $40,000. Huge flared fenders and massive wide tires and rims. Ready for you to tak on the ice flows!!!! Super neat. A buddy of mine was deployed to Iceland for about a year. He told all about the Hilux that they got to use and he really wanted one. He tried to buy one last January to bring back but that was shut down....big time he said.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
buy one of each!

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok. Got the truck home. Blue. Reg cab 5 speed 4 cyl manual everything. Very happy with it. Only thing is when you push the shifter over towards first it doesn't spring back as strong as it should. Its fine in the reverse/5th gear direction. But my first oil change is free so when i take it in for that I'll say something and have it looked at. Pics to come when i get some daylight!

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I want a new ranger, but I can't have one as it is not new. It looks like the same ranger that has been around for the last 10 years. Now to be discontinued, what FORD am I supposed to buy? The F-150 with it's Eco-BOAST pos engine that won't even give the mileage that they promise. Now I have to get a blood transplant for Toyota or GM to get a small new pickup. :thefinger:f you FORD! Now I have to move overseas to get a cool small truck. At least the management of International has a clue as to what the masses want in a truck.

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I want a new ranger, but I can't have one as it is not new. It looks like the same ranger that has been around for the last 10 years. Now to be discontinued, what FORD am I supposed to buy? The F-150 with it's Eco-BOAST pos engine that won't even give the mileage that they promise. Now I have to get a blood transplant for Toyota or GM to get a small new pickup. :thefinger:f you FORD! Now I have to move overseas to get a cool small truck. At least the management of International has a clue as to what the masses want in a truck.
Not really sure how this was necessary to even post. For someone like me, whos never owned anything new, and All I ever owned was trash, this ranger IS new. (And I'm only 19, buying a brand new truck at 19 isn't something many can do) 30 miles on it. And GM is absolute ****ing garbage, by the way.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The eco boost is a great engine, btw. Imagine installing bigger turbos and a custom tune. that thing would fly. just my.02

BTW, where's the pics??

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Not really sure how this was necessary to even post. For someone like me, whos never owned anything new, and All I ever owned was trash, this ranger IS new. (And I'm only 19, buying a brand new truck at 19 isn't something many can do) 30 miles on it. And GM is absolute ****ing garbage, by the way.
Well I can buy a new truck. And I want a new Ranger. As you get older you'll get good credit and can buy a new vehicle too. I appriciate all of you and the wonderful things you do to your trucks. I bleed FORD, but they have pissed me off by ending a era of one of the best small trucks on the road. But as I have aged I want something new, that I don't have to do squat to but regular routine and gas fillups. I want 24 miles to the gallon and the ability to haul a new 70inch TV in the back of it. I want a new, brand new ranger, not the one that has been molded over and over on its way out. Ford had a good thing going and I feel betrayed that it is dead and wont ever see the beautiful design here in the states that I drive in Brazil. It is sad, soooooooo sad and it makes me mad.:annoyed:

GraySkull

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ya it is a shame......

i bought a 2011 like 6 months ago or whatever, if they had a diesel engine i would have got that truck...i would have liked a krew cab to.....

did they ever think sales wouldn't drop if they actually did something with the ranger....

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I Do agree it needed an update, And I also agree with the diesel. I don't think The big 3 realize how much $$ they could rake in with compact diesel trucks, but I don't think we'll be seeing any anytime soon. They have to make their way into cars first.

Pics of my new one, sorry for being late!

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats a nice truck! Congrats on your purchase!

IMO there isn't anything special about Toyota's...just their price!

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like that, the blue looks good in the snow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals