• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

t5 yoke 28 spline donor car?

Ranger302Boss

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
im on the way to rebuilt 1st gen ranger, i get a 5.0 and t5 tranny, now i need 28 spline yoke to fits the t5, im looking in the yonk yard a donor car to get that yoke. any suggestions? where to look?

thx in advance guys.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
I used the one from my 1992 AOD that I tried to run (cooked OD band) before I bought a new T5Z. It fit perfectly in the T5Z, and works fine, but the 5.0 Thunderbird it was from only had 30,000 original miles on it since 1992. I also used a shortened/cut down aluminum driveshaft from an Explorer Limited, with conversion u-joints, but my truck is an 87 standard cab shortbed with an FX4 LVL II 8.8" rear axle with Torsen, just for reference..

Apparently they can be different depending on model they came in, and year, etc: https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/so-the-aod-driveshaft-should-fit-eh.611104/

Some vehicles may also have the yoke with a large balancer on it, similar to this:

Here's some links that I had saved from my swap, many that have measurements listed, but be sure to check those u-joint numbers before buying. This should also give you some insight in to which vehicles came with those yokes, but again, some may have different series of u-joints than you plan to run.

Just be sure it's for the size of u-joints you're gonna run before buying one. They are available in different u-joint series for various swaps, etc..

Do your transmission tailshaft bushing a favor and buy a new one if you can afford it. They're not that expensive if you shop around:

GB :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals