• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.0L ('83-'88) Supercharged Lima

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I'm not sure the single bolt air filter lid will hold any pressure, but the breather would need to be relocated to before the supercharger or you will have oil seal issues...

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Lol I know i disconnected it to run to a catch can... either baked bean can or a Mason jar havnt decided! I have a water/meth kit I got in a trade with some 2.3 stuff that I may install!!!

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Actually drove it about a mile today.. had the in and out backwards since last car I had on was reverse rotation. Was a little peppier then before still need to change the 3" boost pipe to 2.5" to clear the hood better put on some more clamps run catch can, zip tie some nipples and some kinda bypass valve...

Attachments

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It does drive way better then before! I have closed the plug gap a little but havnt messed with fuel or timing. Alil ping above 4k so I stayed below for now.. i did about 10 miles and through a hilly section I could leave it 4th instead of down shifting to 3rd so that alone is a success, my shop had a tailpipe wideband so I have to fix a few exhaust leaks and then hook a vac gauge and do a little fuel adjusting maybe timing up to 10-11 and make sure I can rev past 4k!!

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Sounds gnarly for a 4banger

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
How are you monitoring AFR's and dealing with additional fueling needs under boost?

No offense, but that thing seems super slow in your video. My stock 87 2.0 with the manual would have easily outran that thing. Maybe it was due to rear axle gearing... Who knows.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thought Limas came with 4.10s from the factory. Anyhow, up the octane to kill the ping. I run 93 in my Lightning.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
No, rear gearing is all over the place no matter what, the only 2.3L's that for sure came with 4.10's were 4x4's, and all of those were 2.3L's. My '90 came with 3.08's originally... by the late '90's apparently they figured some things out as my '97 has 4.10's...

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It's a 2.slowlil yes.3.08 rear... the motors about to die the cam lobes were pretty wiped when I got it.. only paid $400 and been driving it for over a year as a trash/scrap truck have had 2600lbs in that poor thing. I have a 2.3 for with 60k that I put a roller cam/followers fresh headgasket timing belt water pump etc. Looking for an offenhauser 2 barrel intake.. for A/f my shop has wideband that clamps on tailpipe for tuning carbs. since superchargers boost is pretty much solid (exhaust leaks can cause boost spikes/changes yada yada) I shouldn't need w/b permanently installed.

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thought Limas came with 4.10s from the factory. Anyhow, up the octane to kill the ping. I run 93 in my Lightning.
Yeah it has a full tank so I have fo drive a lil then some 93

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it has a full tank so I have to drive a lil then some 93
I'm fortunate that the only station that sells 93 in my area is three miles away. But, not open on weekends. So, I keep anywhere from five to 20 gallons of it in my garage. In containers with filters in the nozzles. Just as a by-the-by, you ought to see all the crap those screens filter out. I have to back flush the filters all the time. It's actually amazing our fuel pumps, with the filters on the end of them, don't get all plugged up.

I also keep five gallons or so of Sunoco 110. If I have to put 91 in my Lightning or my bikes, I add a little of that to bump the octane up to 93. Plus I love the smell. Even a half gallon of it in either of my bikes (no cats), and the smell is lovely. I love the smell of racing gas in the morning!

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
They used to sell additive for twostokes that made exhaust smell like cherries grape and I think fruit punch!! I remember starting g my blaster in the shed and breathing in all that goodness! Lol

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Eh, I normally put premium in the '90 but if I'm going to high altitude I don't worry about it since that pretty much negates the octane deal... depending on the amount of boost you're putting to it I probably wouldn't worry about it too much... Before I found that the fuel pump output signal wire went to the octane switch wire I had all the spark knock on my turbo swap... but that's forged pistons... they had no issues when I pulled them out though...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals