• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercharge your 3.0 Vulcan for cheap

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Just because it hasn't been made doesn't mean you cant build it
Just finished re applying the blueprints onto the new ViaCAD software at work. Also emailed some files for metal stencils to my machinist which will allow me to tell physically how the supercharger will sit in my truck and check for all my clearances, alignment, tolerances etc. Pretty excited! Once this is all clear, it's just a matter of waiting for him to mill out the real intake. Time is now in the hands of my machinist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clifford97

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so looking forward to seeing how this works out

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Alright so my machinist says he's been out for the week and rearranging the shop. Hopefully I'll get the stencils in next week, and ultimately the final supercharger done by the end of July! If all goes smoothly!

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
52 lb/hr injectors came in. Sized in EV 6 and high impedance. These are a bit shorter and will allow me to lower the fuel rails, just got to tap some holes for them. Should easily be able to feed fuel for 15+ psi of boost

Last edited:

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Been about a month since my last post. Here's an update

Haven't done much for the truck since buying the injectors, and my machinist fell off the face of the earth. I've got to make some calls or walk in person and hope he's there when I come in. Regardless, I've been looking around for a simple 3 axis router to see if I could possibly machine it out myself. I've been looking at a 6040 chinese router off eBay, has had great online reviews and looks solid and has a 2 year warranty. Cnc routers aren't that complicated, and a bit hard to screw up a design for one. So dependent on what happens this upcoming week with my machinist I may or may not purchase the router. However, im definitely leaning on buying one out right. A friend of mine says he can find me a crack for Mastercam but if not I've got my eye on Bobcad-cam software. It might be a while before another post as next week I have 10 consecutive shifts which is right before school starts. However I'll do my best.

In other news I got myself a 3D printer to occupy my time...which is why I haven't done much for my truck lol :p got some ideas for a shotgun shell speedloader for mag tube feed shotguns and many more. This little gadget was a lot of fun building and making parts from, if anyone here has CAD software and is interested in a 3D printer this is a good buy. Check Amazon for HIC i3 Prusa printer

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Alright guys I know this thread is dead but I'd think to at least update once in a while. So the supercharger is on hold, due to my machinist avoiding me and having trouble matching the 600$ quote he gave me with other machinists. Could be why he is avoiding me. Probably won't make much money off me to mill it out.

Also, now that school has begun again and I am taking 15 credits. There won't be any time to keep up with the supercharger and making design adjustments. Id rather save the money till after this semester.

However, I decided to get a wet nitrous kit in the mean time. It's from Nitrous Express and has multiple nozzles for various hp outputs. Considering my engine is a bit tired after 100k miles I decided to replace the head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, bolts, and clean off the tops of the pistons yesterday. This morning I installed the kit, and I must say for 400$ it's well worth it! I'm going to work my way up to 100, although I think 75 will be a nice number. Currently I'm running 50 shot and that allow gives it some kick!

I have not abandoned supercharging the truck, just merely postponed it until classes settle or i hit christmas vacation...and that's if I survive "hurricane" Erika this coming week lol

Sdsmracer95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Post an update on how the nitrous works on your truck.
been debating on adding one to my 04 xlt for a little extra oomph.
and hopefully the supercahrger setup comes out man. i would like to add a supercharger to mine as well.

good luck sir

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well I can tell you this, on just 50 shot it pulls. Just came back from work, decided to put it into 4th gear and see how it pulls brought me from 70-90 like it was nothing. I hit the rev limiter so fast I thought it was something wrong with the injection from the nitrous, looked down and saw my speed jumping between 90-94 mph. The nitrous was fighting the speedo that hard lol It easily could have kept going without a doubt.

I might post a 0-60 video, pulling into a highway or something of the sort. Of so I'll be sure to post t here

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Here's a video of it pulling 40-70 with 75 shot. I definitely think it has more too it. Granted this is an almost empty bottle. The more and more I use the bottle the less umph it has. I think with a fresh bottle this will go much faster. I'll post one when I go for a full uphttps://vimeo.com/138150500

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Here's a better perspective. Had some fun with a buddy tonight and went up against his 2015 3.7 mustang with my ranger 3.0 with 75 shot. Kept right up with him and could have been better if I didn't smack into my rev limiter so hard! Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nWuDl-4dCc

oodannyboyoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Update

Hey guys!

Sorry it has been so long. With classes and other projects I have been working on I have not had time to keep up with this one. I currently have a friend who has a mill and is willing to mill out the supercharger intake once he calibrates it and I bring him the materials. In the meantime, he will mill out a prototype model out of wood and see how it fits under the hood. I also am attaching a link to a dropbox folder with the Solidworks files and pdf files for the supercharger intake! Anyone is welcome to take them and use them for themselves (please check for clearances with your hood and firewall). Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vniy91objob5ant/AACUIMdtnz56JU9_qkwxT418a?dl=0

Sdsmracer95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i too have a friend that has a big cnc machine. what im wondering is what m90 youre using. is it off the 3.8 pontiacs? cuz ive researching the m90s and the ones off the tbirds obviously wont work. so if you can tell me off what car the SC comes from so i can go find one and have the parts milled out as well.

stunner67

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Don't forget us out here anxiously waiting for more updates.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals