• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Supercab no back seat

Dirtyharryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2004 ranger super cab I bought new, it has no back seats! Anyone else seen that before? Also it's a 4.0 sohc 5speed 2wd with 3.55 gears. Every 4.0 sohc I've seen were 4wd and mostly automatics.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum

You can download the 2004 Ranger brochure from here: https://www.xr793.com/ford-2004

4.0l was available in any super cab
jump seats were optional on 2WD, 4x4 edge came with jump seats standard
3.55 was also optional on the edge or xlt 2WD
5-speed manual was standard, automatics were optional but included with some trims

Last edited:

Dirtyharryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum

You can download the 2004 Ranger brochure from here: https://www.xr793.com/ford-2004

Welcome to the forum

5-speed manual was standard, automatics were optional but included with some trims
Ok thanks for the info,it will be up for sale in a couple weeks so I was wanting to know if it was an unusual setup.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well the 3.55 would be better for longer drives at higher speed, better MPG
But not as good for towing or hauling loads in the bed

Most people would rather have the room behind the front seats, vs jumps seats they will most likely never use

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
If your truck doesn't have suicide doors for the extended portion of the cab, having jump seats, while possible would be very difficult for the passengers to use. With the size of the extended cab, room back there is not very good anyway. Best left for children and pets than adult humans if anything living is going to be put back there. One of my future projects is to remove my jump seats and fabricate a storage box with drawers to make better use of the space and get what is back there out of sight of potential thieves.

Dirtyharryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
If your truck doesn't have suicide doors for the extended portion of the cab, having jump seats, while possible would be very difficult for the passengers to use. With the size of the extended cab, room back there is not very good anyway. Best left for children and pets than adult humans if anything living is going to be put back there. One of my future projects is to remove my jump seats and fabricate a storage box with drawers to make better use of the space and get what is back there out of sight of potential thieves.
I'll be putting my truck up for sale soon, I'm the original owner, never wrecked or smoked in, 176000 miles. It's a 2004 ranger edge super cab 4.0 5 speed, dark shadow grey. I'm thinking asking around $5200, is that too high or about average?

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Not sure. Try a Pricing guide like NADA or Kelly Blue Book to get an idea. You'll want to look at the private sale value instead of the trade in value. It will give you a good guide as to what is a good price and the acceptable range.

Dirtyharryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Not sure. Try a Pricing guide like NADA or Kelly Blue Book to get an idea. You'll want to look at the private sale value instead of the trade in value. It will give you a good guide as to what is a good price and the acceptable range.
I just checked the NADA value, it's $5,875. More than i thought actually.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Just price high and expect to get low balled. It will give you room to negotiate. But don't be ridiculous about it.

Dirtyharryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Just price high and expect to get low balled. It will give you room to negotiate. But don't be ridiculous about it.
That's what im thinking, I need at least 4,500 to break even on what is replacing my truck but wanted to make a small profit

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
Before you list the truck or take pictures, make sure it gets a good wash. I've seen plenty of people list really nice trucks that are filthy inside and out, and they get beat up on the sale. Spend a day to wash, wax, and deep clean the interior.

It sounds like you take care of the truck, which is a good thing, make sure to note that in the ad.

Dirtyharryranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
I actually spent all week cleaning it up, buffed the paint, cleaned seats, New headliner, sway bar links and new tires. I'm listing it for $5200 tomorrow.

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
Very nice, you should be able to get at least 4500-5000 for it. Let us know how you make out.

stsalvage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
i have 2 ranger
Make / Model
Ranger XLT exte
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Manual
well, I have a 1991 ford ranger that has the 4.0 5 speed with 4.10 positraction with rear sway bar. I smoke most of the rangers off the line Love them 3.73 rangers think there fast But at 65 MPH there faster I run out of gear Put I can pull a tandem axle trailer where they can not Pulled this trailer with 2700 pounds of wood into the mountains its a 2 wheel drive I was in 3-4 gear most of the way with a 215/70/15 tire

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals