• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suicidal thoughts...

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
My mother was a nurse for 35 years, and she always said..do all things naturally in your life..stay off those fucking pills.

My father had a severe stroke in front of me 4 years ago, and he eventually passed from it.

Around 15 years ago I had a mini stroke, and I was down for a long while..did fully recover from it.

The signs are pointing to where I may a thing called angina..have most symptoms. It's a problem with the heart, chest pains, etc. Heart problems are in my family, dad's side.

Here is my best therapy ever..buddy my 2nd Rottweiler..140lbs of pure German..he was my everything. This was taken in 2011..he is 6 here.

Attachments

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I try to avoid taking pills for anything. Don't take over the counter allergy medicine unless my symptoms are really bad, and don't take anything for my acid reflux although I should. Honestly, I think my acid reflux is stressed induced, so I should probably work to get rid of that. Glad to hear your lings are good.

Chapap

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
1.5” till I get these springs replaced
Tire Size
225-70-R14
I try to avoid taking pills for anything. Don't take over the counter allergy medicine unless my symptoms are really bad, and don't take anything for my acid reflux although I should. Honestly, I think my acid reflux is stressed induced, so I should probably work to get rid of that. Glad to hear your lings are good.
Mine turned out to be an ulcer. Regular reflux can be bad long term if it’s bad. Might get ot checked if it’s bad.

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
My mother was a nurse for 35 years, and she always said..do all things naturally in your life.."stay off those fucking pills."

Here is my best therapy ever.."buddy my 2nd Rottweiler"..140lbs of pure German..he was my everything. This was taken in 2011..he is 6 here.
I really like your mom and your form of therapy. Keep up the great work.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Looking for an update on the heart issue.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Hello all, have gone thru some more dr appts and more test..I do have cardio issues with my heart and arteries, due to this I am a higher risk of a severe stroke. Heart problems in my family on my dad's side. The rotator is torn again in my left shoulder, and it severely hurts with any movement of my left arm. Have had alot of problems with my memory, seems like I am on borrowed time...I have been hearing from the lord, and my Rebecca...perhaps I am being called home, don't know exactly yet, if so I wanna thank everyone for thier support for 20 + years i have been on trs..until my time is up, I will still be around asking questions and to continue to be part of the best ranger group to have ever existed. I pray everyday, for all who have been in my corner I truly thank you..

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You should find something to do. You could sit there and hurt or get up and do something, there is a choice. Even the cardio I believe would thank you. Moving a bit is better than not moving at all. I have no idea the other options available to you but surely there's something. Maybe brighten somebodies day or something, tell them a story from your life that inspires, or ask them about theirs. There are options available right up to the time there is no more, please grab them while you can, any way you can, I do not believe God is calling you "home" at this time, so please be good to yourself and do something positive, even as simple as a bit of exercise to help your body to feel better, just do it

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Have you been dunked in the water? Might good to do before you go, if you haven't already.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
We're all here with you @mtnrgr

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.

Positive thoughts, think as many of them as you can. Negativity itself is a disease, one that will self prophesize without the positivity to fight it off.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
We're all here with you @mtnrgr

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.

Positive thoughts, think as many of them as you can. Negativity itself is a disease, one that will self prophesize without the positivity to fight it off.
This means alot, thank you..

to the others whether I am on my way out or not just yet, I am still living as I can each day with no complaints. Not sitting around feeling sorry for myself nor am I looking for pity from anyone. I do get out each day as I can to walk or drive, that is a little limited at this time with my left arm in chronic pain. Each day I take as a gift and do as my lord allows me.

99 XLT

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT
Transmission
Manual
Hey buddy, I don't have answers or the cure, but I just want to let you know you're not alone.

I've struggled with severe depression and anxiety since I was 18. I've dealt with it fine for the most part, with sporadic suicidal episodes, but it really hit hard this past year or so. My job has been terrible, my dad had a heart attack, my personal health isn't amazing, and my brother just went through a nasty divorce that left me with two dogs I seriously can't consciously care for.

I guess all I can say is hang in there. Every day I've ever dreamed of dying, or not waking up, or offing myself, I am glad I didn't. There's always a good day or days ahead, even if they're fleeting. But it's better to power through the bad to get into the good than to end it all and experience neither.

I was raised Christian, went athiest from 17-27, and now I don't know what to believe, but I do believe in something. I have to, or else there's nothing.

Keep grinding friend, through the good and bad. We truly don't have long to live, even on my worst days I need to remind myself of this. The days where I feel like walking in front of a train, I need to make myself do something worth while.

oldgeek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It's a bad day when I have to go through my top five reasons I'm not going to kill myself today. It's a really bad day when I have to do that 3 or more times. I would think that things got better since I haven't had to do that for a while, but it might be that I'm too exhausted to care anymore. I am waiting for the promise when no one will be sick anymore. (Isaiah 33:24) That and other aspects of hope helps me through.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Hello all,

Well, I made an attempt two weeks ago...sorta screwed myself up a tad. Right after Jesus came to me..within a few days after I had multiple visits from my Rebecca. Slowly healing with those who are assisting..my health is not well, and to recently find out both rotators in both shoulders are completely torn again 100%. I have been thru the ringer quite a bit in my life, I am unable to deal with this anymore. There are some other personal life issues I am also dealing with, that's private matters.

Haven't been well for sometime, and haven't had much energy for much including coming to trs.

Most of you have been cool thru this ordeal, and I truly appreciate it.

Wanted to give my fellow ranger people an update on somethings.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Man I am praying for you. Hang in there, and know this, you can have a personal relation with Jesus while walking this earth, and He can give you the strength to get through this. Not take the pain and hardship away, but give you the strength and inner peace to get through it.

Hang in there.

AJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals