• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suicidal thoughts...

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Be needed - serve others. It puts your problems back into perspective.

Don't know how? Look for local volunteer jobs - food banks, Volunteers of America, Salvation Army, and many more.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Ok I try and keep my personal life private but when I hear a brother in need i must come forward. I was in a bad spot about 10 years ago. I turned to drugs and alcohol to mask the problem but found that just compounded them. Almost lost everything. my kids mom was done with me and i moved into a small camper with no ideas where i was going in life. I decided to start a journal of my feelings. Actually putting them on paper really helped. Depression runs in my family and i have watched it consume many members. i found a group that met every week and started attending. Knowing your not alone also helps. Know that you are worth the extra effort and realize all the people it would hurt too. If you just need a voice to talk to PM me and I will give you my number. I will listen and no judge you in any way. We all need someone to help us back on our feet. I will add I no longer think of taking my life and have my family reunited and I believe you can get back as well.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
I went through some shit. Big time twice. Then hit 40 and realized some things. I'm still working on it, but I would say work saved my life. Sometimes my past creeps up on me, I check out and into my dark place...shut down...but then shake it off enough to carry on. I dont like pills either, and am determined to pull myself out of it and be a regular old happy go lucky...

Like physical injuries, you may not need need pain pills, but do need treatment, whether holistic or scientific, I lke both. At least an "ice pack". The first thing is to decide. There was a point where I was happy being sad, But then one day I decided I did not want to be sad all the time anymore, that's what kinda got the ball rolling on getting better.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Still alive, barely..having trial and errors, getting thru the obstacles one at a time. Each day is a blessing and working each day to survive. I did hear my Rebecca's voice saying not your time and I am here with you.. that feels really peaceful to hear her voice again.

To all my friends here, can't say thanks enough...still have questions. I will start asking them soon.

Frank

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
thats what you need, take it one day/ one obstacle at a time. Never quit, never give up.

AJ

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
The last show I worked on pulled me out of my last funk. Which was Ironically called "Insecure".

long story short, I went from a regular hammer nobody carpenter, building stage walls all day, to metal shop foreman where I belonged. Along the way, I got nothing but tremendous love, praise and support from the carpenters, the painters, the laborers, the grips, the teamsters and bosses, and even the art dept. (our bosses bosses). I felt secure again, working on "Insecure"....Life is funny.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Glad to hear from you @mtnrgr. Glad to see you're still still hanging on. Keep doing that please. Losing loved one is the worst, and your situation seems compounded.

Just know that nobody wants you to suffer their pain. Try to think of the good memories and not so focused on their pain or grief. They don't want to be remembered as the weak or frail person you see. Remember them in their greatness and glory. If your buddy is still here, try to treat him normal, without pity.

These are words told to me from a sick person, who obviously saw that we were treating her delicately, because of her illness. I will always remember these words and I will always miss her.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Life's not fair for anyone. Some have it better than others. Money doesn't solve all problems.

Key things to remember, YOU make your choices not someone else. YOU guide your path not someone else. YOU will make mistakes there is no one that is perfect. YOU are an asset to everyone you meet, talk to, and care for, even the person that you just passed and said "hello" too.

As Thomas Edison said, "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I just woke up, and havnt had any coffee yet so bear with me lol..

What would keep me from committing suicide, if I were super (or any at all) religious.. would be the fact that God would probably be super pissed about that. I feel like that's a definite one way ticket to a live recording of "the view" for all eternity.

I'm more apt to believe in reincarnation though personally.. BUT.. suicide even though you may receive a brand new life is just as scary of a proposition. Especially if you have bad luck.

With my luck, I'd be reincarnated as a puppy that gets beat its whole life.. left chained to a broken dodge truck in the sun in Texas with hardly any food or water.

Or I'd get reincarnated as one of those malnourished African children with Flys all over their face, suffering from... everything.

Getting reincarnated as a clam or mussel would be pretty lame too.. especially if your not harvested for food. I really don't want to be stuck on the bottom of the ocean for potentially centuries.

Even if reincarnated as a healthy, well off baby in the USA...... theres the chance your parents could be electric car driving, tofu eating, freedom hating yuppies who don't wear deodorant, have dreadlocks, and live in a tiny home.

I'm pretty sure my point is that the life you live now gives you the best chances at experiencing whatever good things you want to experience.

I'm sure there's things that your lady wanted to experience.. but didn't get the chance to. Go experience that stuff for her.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Hello all,

Had some rough few days..had a long talk with the man upstairs and I have decided to begin my life again. I am one to not judge nor hold any grudges on anybody.

I am looking forward to starting fresh and continue my journey.

I do have questions still, need to still gather my thoughts...please be patient with me.

O No 3.0!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xl 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Having been there myself, i can tell you what helped me. Keep yourself busy. You may not "feel like it" but its the best medicine there is. Do something that you have been neglecting to do. Do something that is hard & takes alot of thought. Work on your truck. Paint the house. Do something constructive that you can look at & see change in. The sense of accomplishment is strong & will make you feel better about yourself. It takes time, nothing worth having is ever easy. But giving up is too easy.
So set goals for yourself & take it one day at a time.

NakedDucks

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Move here, and we’ll build our trucks.

I have tons of parts I’ll even donate for your build.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Just checking in, hope you are ok or better.

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm late to this thread, but something leaps out at me.

Some medications, or interactions between meds, can cause thoughts of suicide. The bad news is that some antidepression meds are on that list. Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Celexa, etc., have all reported such thoughts as a side effect. This is one of the biggest dirty little secrets in the medical industry.

Even prescription meds for something completely unrelated, such as antihistamines and analgesics, can cause this effect.

If you take prescription medications, talk to your doctor and ask if those thoughts could be a side effect.

I really hope all is well. Have a good holiday season.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals