• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suicidal thoughts...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Really do appreciate you explaining that. I would like to read your book.
If you can’t find my book I’ll dig up a link. Been awhile since I did anything with that stuff. Kinda would like to get back to doing some writing, though currently my head is still a bit messed up and it takes a bit to collect thoughts and write things, but perhaps it might help my situation to try and force myself to do some writing again instead of just reading and doing games and exercises to improve my cognitive function after these concussions.

That all said, I did have someone point out yesterday I think it was that I’m lucky to be alive, the mortality rate for having two concussions within a few days of each other is incredibly high. Struggling with recovering I don’t really feel all that lucky, but I guess it’s a mindset thing. That’s something I really have to work on, trying to change my mindset.

I also discovered (it was early into my recovery) that CBD has positive effects on my condition. I had been using CBD to help with my hip problems and ADD/ADHD prior to the concussions and stopped after the first concussion. Didn’t drink any alcohol or have a cigar or anything. A few days after the second concussion when I was really struggling I went on a search to find out how soon I could return to using CBD and found some medical research saying that CBD consumption within several hours of a concussion can help limit the effects of the concussion and help recovery. So I may have been better off not stopping using it. So after finding that out, I’m back to using CBD. I’ve found that the vape helps with my ADD and stuff but not so much my hip, but it’s more accepted. The bud helps with both but it looks and smells like weed so it’s not so easily consumed. I also have a muscle rub with CBD that helps a lot.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Hope this might have some pull on the band that snaps you out of it.
Not sure what did it for me, but something(s) just snapped me out of it. Not overnight, but yes I'm no longer so shook up, shook most of it off.
I'm not all cumbaya lah dee dah....But 2 guys at work called me happy go lucky. I was slightly offended lol, but I guess misery doesn't always love company.
That's what I do now, laugh shit off. stepping in shit is funny to me now. Its like "of course" shrug....Maybe I'll hose it off, or scrub it off on grass....or just keep walking. Eff it.
Sometimes the darkness creeps in a little bit, I can feel it in my face and gut....but doesn't linger like it used to. I remember what its like and don't wanna be there anymore.
I've had to pretty much shut out my past and start a new life in the same place. Slowly but surely I've managed to lose shitty friends/family, which made time and space for new good ones. That is probably what most helped snap me out of it. That and work. I made time precious and it killed the anxiety.
Its good to be back. I'm a little weird now, but alive and well. Still no wife no kids no dogs, but its ok, they'll show up when I deserve em. I don't have burning feelings and desires like I used to, but its kinda nice. The simple things do it for me now. A nice nap at lunch break, a funny sounding fart....anything.

Something Elon Musk said struck me " There's got to be more to life than just solving one miserable problem after another". I've got a short amount of time here, and the potential to enjoy it. Not gonna waste any more being miserable due to heartbreaks, idiots, time burglars, and energy vampires.

Happy Sunday Funday, cheers bub.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hope this might have some pull on the band that snaps you out of it.
Not sure what did it for me, but something(s) just snapped me out of it. Not overnight, but yes I'm no longer so shook up, shook most of it off.
I'm not all cumbaya lah dee dah....But 2 guys at work called me happy go lucky. I was slightly offended lol, but I guess misery doesn't always love company.
That's what I do now, laugh shit off. stepping in shit is funny to me now. Its like "of course" shrug....Maybe I'll hose it off, or scrub it off on grass....or just keep walking. Eff it.
Sometimes the darkness creeps in a little bit, I can feel it in my face and gut....but doesn't linger like it used to. I remember what its like and don't wanna be there anymore.
I've had to pretty much shut out my past and start a new life in the same place. Slowly but surely I've managed to lose shitty friends/family, which made time and space for new good ones. That is probably what most helped snap me out of it. That and work. I made time precious and it killed the anxiety.
Its good to be back. I'm a little weird now, but alive and well. Still no wife no kids no dogs, but its ok, they'll show up when I deserve em. I don't have burning feelings and desires like I used to, but its kinda nice. The simple things do it for me now. A nice nap at lunch break, a funny sounding fart....anything.

Something Elon Musk said struck me " There's got to be more to life than just solving one miserable problem after another". I've got a short amount of time here, and the potential to enjoy it. Not gonna waste any more being miserable due to heartbreaks, idiots, time burglars, and energy vampires.

Happy Sunday Funday, cheers bub.
Well put! It’s definitely a mindset thing, but it’s also hard to change a mindset. But it can be done.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Well put! It’s definitely a mindset thing, but it’s also hard to change a mindset. But it can be done.
Very true. But I didn't change mine, it changed itself, others probably helped.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Well guys, I am leaving for my trip to northern California on Friday to look for a place to work and live. I know I have been silent for awhile..do appreciate your time to talk.

Gas prices in California absolutely suck ass...thanks dumbass newsome. Had to really budget for this one.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Don't forget to check in when you get settled in. I've heard Northern California is a beautiful place. Send some scenic pics

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Avoid Humboldt county... I see people like disappear there pretty regularly.

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Keep pushing on buddy! Stumbled on this thread today and glad you reached out and talking to some people. You cant keep it bottled in and you shouldn't have to. A lot of people going through a lot and sometimes you can stumble into people that can directly relate. I don't know you personally but everyone makes an impact on your life and you have on mine with just this. It will get better, make some changes for you and put you and your health first! Keep checking in on here, lots of us care.

Last edited:

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I believe I have...

I've seen a couple shows about people just vanishing in that area.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
I know all about Humboldt county. Plan on staying out of that area. I am going to shasta county.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I know all about Humboldt county. Plan on staying out of that area. I am going to shasta county.
I never knew it was a "place".
Just delicious greatness.

1654184102638.png

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Don't know what will kill you first, the people in Humboldt county or drinking all that soda? I have no plans to find out on either.

Chapap

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
1.5” till I get these springs replaced
Tire Size
225-70-R14

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals