• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suggestions on a receiver hitch winch mount?

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hopefully this will make sense. I just bought a 12,000lbs winch and was needing some suggestions on a good receiver hitch mount plate to attach it to. The plan is to use it on my ranger I only drive off road and my trailer, which i still need to make a mount for. But so far I've found a few that say they're good up to 12,000lbs but since this winch weighs so much I guess my main question is about the handles. Wouldn't a curved handle be harder to move around since your hands would probably slip to the highest point in the curve and cause your fingers to somewhat smash together verse a straight handle one? Or would a round one be easier to hold a little on the sides of if you're already stuck and install in from in the bed? I might be overthinking this but it's what I first thought of looking at different mounts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals