• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

STX Brackets

Damon Toth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Can someone please provide a dimension for the driver beam pivot that is on the passenger frame rail from the frame to the pivot bolt for a STX pivot.
I have searched and there are a lot of photos but none with dimensions.

Thanks,

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I have these brackets on my truck and could get you a measurement but I am not sure exactly what you're looking for....... any chance you could find a pic and draw a line or something on it to indicate what area you need measured?

Damon Toth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I have these brackets on my truck and could get you a measurement but I am not sure exactly what you're looking for....... any chance you could find a pic and draw a line or something on it to indicate what area you need measured?
So on the passenger frame rail is the driver beam pivot, from the bottom of the frame rail to the pivot bolt center is what I am looking for, mine measures 6 1/2" and I thought I had STX brackets. I called Autofab and said his were 8 1/2" and his are the same as the original STX Pivots. I will try and post a photo showing what I am asking as far as the dimension.
Thanks

Damon Toth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Even if someone has the dimension of the stock bracket, I am just trying to figure out what I have.
Thanks

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Even if someone has the dimension of the stock bracket, I am just trying to figure out what I have.
Thanks
I will try to remember to crawl under mine and take a measurement for you this evening.

Damon Toth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I would really appreciate it.
It is funny with all the information about the SXT HighRider lift there are no true dimensions of stock and the STX Pivots.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
OK... you for sure have normal old stock brackets. For reference:

Stock height, 6-1/2" measurement (your photo shows the back side of the bracket.)

STX High Rider bracket, 8"ish

The Ford part number on my STX bracket (E77A 3B178 AB)

Thanks, I would really appreciate it.
It is funny with all the information about the SXT HighRider lift there are no true dimensions of stock and the STX Pivots.
If you can get a hold of a really good CAD drawing of the STX brackets... even exploded into flat sections for a DIY weld it yourself job... I have a CNC plasma table and can cut those parts very easily. It's actually on my long term project list but it would require me to disassemble my front axle to copy it. No fawking way is there $550 worth of materials and time there like AutoFab charges...it's two little brackets.

Damon Toth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Thank you for the information. I have a set of James Duff drop pivot brackets for the 3" kit and the drive side is 8 1/4" and has the STX added gusset that mounts to the outside of the frame
thumbnail (1).jpg
. I am going to use them, If they fail then I will get the Autofab pivots.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals