• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stupid question... lol

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok.. so i really didnt want to ask this question... lol...

Anyways i am rebuilding my front end after my accident, so i figured i should just get clear corners/signals while im at it. But what bulbs should i get? I know i need something with the yellow-y tint since the housing wont do that anymore. I noticed pretty much all the trucks ive seen on here that have them have the blue-ish bulbs... So what do they do? Lol im assuming the produce the yellow light or whatever for signalling?

Basically, can someone tell me what bulbs i will need for my signals now? lol Maybe a link online for them since i buy everything online if i can? :p

Thanks

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you'll probably want to get "invisibulbs".... basically a normal turn signal bulb that has a silver coating on the outside so you dont get the "eggyolk" look. They'll also light up yellow, which is important becuase with clear corners you dont have a yellow lense anymore to color the light.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Do you have Crappy Tire out there in Saskatchewan? They should have the bulbs listed for every model year...but you may actually need to get a special bulb for that model year...unless rkneeshaw knows for sure that they come in the style plug for your Ranger...

I've never bothered with the clear corners (mine are different from yours on the 88) because I have enough problems finding parts for this now and I don't want to complicate things...

But if CTC doesn't have them then NAPA or some other auto parts dealers should be able to get you the part number for that socket...

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
Yellow LED bulbs are clear when not in use, and bright yellow when lit.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I went down to canadian tire and picked up just the plain yellow bulbs. I was thinking it would be cooler to get the ones that everyone on here seems to have that are kinda tinted blue or whatever lol But normal yellow wont look to bad.

Thanks lol and sorry for the stupid question :p

yyc_tbird_sc

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Having a tinted blue bulb will net you an "Impersonating a police officer" ticket, and may also wind up with your truck in impound. Stick to a proper amber colored bulb.

If you want to go with an LED bulb, then you'll also have to look into load resistors to allow the signal flasher works properly, unless you switch to an electronic flasher unit. If you just put the LED bulbs in, your lights will flash really fast as the stock flasher is designed to work with a filament style bulb that pulls more current than an LED bulb.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Having a tinted blue bulb will net you an "Impersonating a police officer" ticket, and may also wind up with your truck in impound. Stick to a proper amber colored bulb.

If you want to go with an LED bulb, then you'll also have to look into load resistors to allow the signal flasher works properly, unless you switch to an electronic flasher unit. If you just put the LED bulbs in, your lights will flash really fast as the stock flasher is designed to work with a filament style bulb that pulls more current than an LED bulb.
nonono lol i didnt mean to use a blue emitting bulb for the signal light. I meant that i saw a few people on here with clear lights and for the bulb they had some clear/blue kinda tinted looking bulb when it wasnt on. I didnt know what they were or what they were called, but i briefly googled and here is almost what i was talking about. I got the yellow ones anyways, i just wanted to see what was out there lol.

Attachments

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
My friend has those in his car and it's a pretty cool effect. I'm getting the same bulbs when I get my clear corners.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals