• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

stock components with D30 on 94 ranger

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
so i forgot about the leafs. i sold a set of ranger coils to a guy tonight that i talk to frequently and he got a cherokee he bought to put the axles in his b4000 but he never got around to it and a few days ago he told me he would sell her to me. we never really talked about it tonight cause my dad was next to me and i dont usually tell him about stuff i do because he just says it will never work lol.
anyways i wanna do this on a tight budget. i want to use stock coils and rad arms, and i was wondering if anybody knew the measurements on the radius arms of a cherokee or even where abouts they will end up on the frame? i have no problem with fabbing up some brackets or maybe even using the jeep ones some how. also i want to use the stock trac bar, again i dont mind modifying it to fit. and with the driveshaft, dangerranger told me that he needed his just shortened 2", and it had the same ujoint size. and i plan to tie the stock ranger draglink into the jeep one, unless the jeep one bolts up to my pitman arm.

any and all inputs welcome, i want to be absolutely sure before i dig into this so i know what im getting into. thanks

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
XJ uses upper and lower control arms instead of radius arms. I won't swear to it but i believe a member on here found a way to utilize the cherokee control arms. Check out http://www.naxja.org For more info on the XJ D30s :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
thanks man ill check it out

edit; link dont work

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
sorry. link fixed

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I have to make my driveshaft 2 inches longer. I was going to use shock arms on my swap but found out that they wouldn't work for me, plus they are aftermarket ones but due to not being able to adjust them, I opptes for the ones I have. If your truck has a d35, the driveshaft is shorter then mine so yours will have to be lengthened more then mine will.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
mine only has the hybrid d35. which is just a d28 diff and d35 shafts and hubs and whatnot. (lots of people have these unknowingly) so mine will be the same as yours too

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Jeep control arms are 16.25" or 16.5" for the lowers, and something real similar for the uppers. Google it, its all over the internet.

Might as well call this the death wobble swap lol :icon_thumby: Just kidding, but on a serious note death wobble is very common on the jeep 5 link setup.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Death wobble or the shake of death on jeeps is almost always caused by inadequate caster. If you're fabbing up mounts you might want to consider it at the planning stage instead of trying to sort it out afterwards.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
i believe a member here did this with the jeep arms and has no problems

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
he used aftermarket longarms though

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Jeep control arms are 16.25" or 16.5" for the lowers, and something real similar for the uppers. Google it, its all over the internet.

Might as well call this the death wobble swap lol :icon_thumby: Just kidding, but on a serious note death wobble is very common on the jeep 5 link setup.
Death wobble or the shake of death on jeeps is almost always caused by inadequate caster. If you're fabbing up mounts you might want to consider it at the planning stage instead of trying to sort it out afterwards.
what is death wobble lol

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its where ur steeringwheel shakes uncontrollably and the whole truck shakes, feels like ur gonna die lol

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
ohh, so pretty much same thing as on a motorcycle lol

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
so do you guys think ill be ok running stock jeep arms?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so do you guys think ill be ok running stock jeep arms?
didnt u say u had stock radius arms for a d44 right? why dont u order the wedges for the radius arms and use ur 44 arms? would make the most sense to me, and the weges can be had on bronco graveyard for cheap

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals