• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

still having issues with 94 ranger with 2001 302 and wiring

85mustangman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have been having issues for about a month now, the truck randomly quit running. It does have pats and the theft light flashes rapidly when the ignition is on. I was told that this is a pats issue. I could not find any issues within the wiring so figured it did not recgonize the key anymore or something along those lines. I then purchased a sniper special forces tuner to disable pats and borrowed a code reader from my grandpa and the obd 2 port has no connectivity! It has power and ground and the purple and the "information wires to the pcm plug all have continuity. Does this mean the PCM is bad? or that there may be a missing or shorted lead feeding the PCM? I am pulling my hair out and it is december now and the mustangs got to go away

bn6339

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
OBII Connectivity

Hello,

Im not terribly familiar with the OBDII setup, but I recall that when someone tried to connect a code reader and got a "no conn" error or similar it was because the cigarette lighter fuse blew...I had a friend with a late 90's F150 where Autozone couldnt get it to read, and I came over and checked the fuse, and it was blown. Your best bet would to try to find the wiring diagram which applies to your engine setup and see what is supposed to provide the feeds to the obd port....or search the forums here and see if anyone else has the same issue...sorry I couldnt offer any other specifics, because Im a bit new too....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad