• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stiletto/butterfly knives

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I got a buddy who is a lefty. He claims spiderco is one of the last companies to make a 'true' left handled knife. I'm not left handed or into knives, so i took his word for it. If i ever have a problem i just get my

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The Spyderco Military I posted earlier is a true left hand knife. But it's a very limited production item. Also, I posted about Pro-Tech knives. They make a limited production left hand auto called the TR-3. But, to get either, you have to be adamant about your wanting one. You have to watch for them at various websites religiously. Because when they are available, they don't last long.

Blue 92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Supercab
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
If you are a lefty you can always get something with an axis lock, works with either hand. I have an American made Kershaw assisted knife but my Chinese axis lock has replaced it as my EDC as the one handed operation is so much nicer than the Kershaw.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a large and small Benchmade Rukus with the Axis lock. While it's nice, I hardly ever edc them. Some years back, I had read on the BladeForums, that if the springs break in them, and they do, Benchmade will not sell you replacement springs. You must ship the knife back to them to fix it. Thanks, but No Thanks. A liner lock or frame lock have no parts that can break. Which is why I prefer them.

Last edited:

Blue 92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Supercab
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I only suggested axis locks thinking the OP wanted a knife that was fast and easy to open and close with either hand, and I'll bet the majority of the omega springs that break is from folks using their knives as fidget toys. If you don't want to mail a knife back you can pick up aftermarket springs pretty cheap.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And I didn't say anything was wrong with them. Everyone has a preference. And in any case, the two I have have been out of production for many years, are in excellent shape, have never been sharpened, and will be sold on BladeForums at some time in the future. I have a lot of knives like that. Like new, out of production for years, and will be sold. There are people who collect such knives, and if you have one, they don't, they want it, they have to pay up to obtain it. I've sold some in the past for two and even three times what I paid for them.

I don't find a well kept liner or frame lock to be any slower than any axis lock I've handled. I also like Cold Steel's Triad lock. It practically makes a folding knife into a fixed blade knife. They have the videos to prove it. The five I have are the loudest opening knives I own. They make a very loud authoritative CLACK when opened.

But I will keep all of my Spyderco Military's, and my two Pro Tech autos.

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Alright. Order has been made. I spent a little more than I wanted, and I wasn't planning on buying for a few weeks but as with everything else there's a TON of knives out of stock everywhere so I let FOMO take over and hit buy.

Paragon para-xd single action 3.5" dual edge otf. Should be a decent edc. Next up will be a balisong and then that Gerber I was talking about.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals