• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

stiffening up the rear end

TheDanger2801

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I would like to make my rear end a little tighter so that when i pull trailers my rear doesn't drop. Anyone know good ways to do this with out having my rear end get a 3 inch lift. maybe add-a-leafs or explorer leafs? will those give me lift?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would like to make my rear end a little tighter so that when i pull trailers my rear doesn't drop. Anyone know good ways to do this with out having my rear end get a 3 inch lift. maybe add-a-leafs or explorer leafs? will those give me lift?
they will give u lift, but if u plan on doing ALOT of towing, lookin into rear airbag systems that go inbetween you spring mounts and the frame, i installed those on my old f-250 tow rig and eliminated all squat issues without sacrificing flexibility(just inflate when u will be towing)

but if ur going to be just pulling a trailer here and there a add a leaf will get the job done fine, and u might also look into airshocks for the back for moderate towing

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
depending on how often u need the heavier suspension i would go with a pair of Monroe SENSA-TRAC LOAD ADJUSTING SHOCK ABSORBER from rockauto.com there about 100 bucks and they wont add lift to the rear of ur truck,its not expensive like air bags , provides up to 1200 lbs of assistance.keep ur original rear shocks so if u decide to go on a long drive with no extra weight like a quad it takes 10 mins to pull off the Monroe shocks and put the originals on for a comfortable ride.if ur interested i got a good pair i will sell for 50 bucks to save u money.just pm me.

swtjames23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
+1 on the airbags. Checkem out here:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/2172F.html

P.S.--> I know it says it won't fit the SC 6' bed but i put em on my truck which is a SC 6' bed :icon_confused: not sure what thats all about. All you need is a drill, 1/2" bit (i think), some hand tools and a couple hours. I put the fill valves on the rear bumper on either side of the license plate. Looks real clean.

TheDanger2801

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
do the shocks basically do the same thing as say an add a leaf? just minus the lift?

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
heavy duty spring packs are nice for towing trailers, but once u tow a big trailer it wont do much

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals