• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Steering wheel removal/install

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Removal and installation of Gen2 steering wheel. It's super easy and probably doesnt need a how to but...
Disconnect battery
remove two Phillips screws behind steering wheel.
Pull cover off and disconnect horn plug
Remove 15mm bolt holding wheel to column.
There's a damper that can be set aside, re install bolt three or for threads
Place socket on bolt put your knees behind bottom of wheel and pull on top of wheel and smack socket with hammer until wheels free. I did not use the socket like a dummy and smushed my bolt:(

Place column adapter on column arrow pointing up. I applied a little grease and taped with hammer a little bit.

Place trim ring and adapter over and finger start 2 bolts, the third put blue thread locker and finger tighten, then remove other two one by one and put thread locker on those.. doing it like this is less messy and frustrating, reinstall 15mm bolt with blue thread locker and tighten all 4 bolts down.

I had to take my adapter off and rotate because it has provisions for 5 and 6 hole steering wheel, and I had it on 6 not 5.
You should hook up orn button which I dont have one right now. Then install steering wheel the same way the adapter was installed, all screws but one blue thread lock last one then remove others one by one and tighten them down! Reconnect battery.
Heres a little size comparison, Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals