• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

steering wheel interchange ???s

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what other ford steering wheels will work on a 1990 ranger???.... was thinking of see what I can find at the junkyard, just wanted to know what rigs to look at

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I looked at the grant gt steering wheel aplication guide and part # 3288 is the kit that fits a 89-94 ranger.... only RBVs and the areostar use that kit....maybe we might get lucky and find an aftermarket steering wheel on something at the junkyard

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just do a fitment check at the JY. Find a wheel you like, then go pull one off a Ranger and see if the one you like will go on.

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just do a fitment check at the JY. Find a wheel you like, then go pull one off a Ranger and see if the one you like will go on.

yup that always works.... or get lucky and find an aftermarket steering wheel on something....... already plan on doing a fitment check on some old school looking window cranks

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yup that always works.... or get lucky and find an aftermarket steering wheel on something....... already plan on doing a fitment check on some old school looking window cranks
This is my favorite part about going to the yard on a nice day. You just get out your tools and work away until you've figured out something awesome.

SCOTTY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
Cologne 2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hello,
I know this thread is old & I can't find a Ford steering wheel interchange list anywhere online. I'd like to know if a steering wheel from an '8?-'89 Crown Vic (With cruise control buttons) will fit my '90 Ranger.
My ranger has factory cruise & a tilt wheel. There are no junkyards around here with any Crown Vics with the style of steering wheel I want so I can go figure it out. I'm thinking it will fit but not sure.
I think the wheel diameter is about the same too, so it shouldn't obstruct the view of the instruments.
If anyone can help please chime in.

Thank You !

87-89 Crown Vic Interior.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals