• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Steering Stabilizer

lulanda21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought a dual steering stabilizer kit from summit, made by skyjacker, the number is 7250.
I need some help on how to install this thing, the pic they give you in the box on how to install it is crap and there are no instructions.
Do I have to drill through the frame? bc I can not figure out where in the world the flat bracket that is suposed to hold it goes, none of the wholes on the bracket line up anywhere on my frame!!
Oh and btw sky jacker has horrible customer service, I was missing some bushings, nuts ect and the guy started cussing me out bc I asked him to overnight them to me after the guy that was supossed to send them a month ago never mailed them. :p
Thanks in advance for any help :icon_thumby:

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
from what i saw when i was thinking of getting one that there was a big C-bolt.that then the flat plate would bolt to it. then at the bottom of the flat plate there will be two hole that the steering stabalizer would then bolt to.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You really don't need a dual setup on a small Ranger, Bro!!! On a big truck...maybe. I use a single and it works really super!!!!

lulanda21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the replys, I understand that u dont need 2 but I like the way they look.
Anyone got pics of the dual? I just need to know where on the frame it bolts, All i got was the bracket and 2 big bolts that are like 3in I think.

lulanda21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea, that makes since but i have a FA600 skyjacker extreme drop pitman, so my tie rods are perfectly level now just like stock so if you look at that pic again notice how there is barley any drop on the tie rods, they are not level at all, so with mine being level image the angle that would put the shocks at.
It seems like i need a bracket that is longer to drop them and make them more level so the angle is not so steep.
I know its hard to understand without seeing it, Ill try to take some pics after I get off work tm and post them on here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals