• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Steering alignment on a lifted BII

Vstromvoyager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
I just lifted my Bronco with a rough Country 4” with James Duff radius arms. Well I got it back and now I need to address the problems. First is the shocks, the ones that came with it are too short. That should be easy enough. The toe in should be fixed with new steering arms. Camber is the one that I’m not sure of. Moog make a model k10809 which will go plus or minus 4*. Is there a disadvantage to this one to fix the camber or should I use something else. I would like to get it close before I take it to the alignment shop. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

7580F3BD-9026-4C92-9665-42229C3C1E6B.jpeg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I can't really answer your question... but this will give your post a bump and someone else might have an answer for you.

Looks like a nice BII... Lets see more of it. And if those are stone chips all over the front... How many windshields have you been through lately?

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Those adjustable alignment bushing "should" fix you right up. If you have a look on RockAuto, there are the same bushings made by a different company that are much cheaper than the Moog set. Same exact thing as far as I can tell. I recently bought a set to do my 97 beam swap on my 87 Ranger, but I haven't installed it all just yet. They do seem like quality parts though.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I always recommend the two-piece fully-adjustable bushings for anyone modifying their suspension such as Moog K80109, or Mevotech MK80109 (perhaps that's what you meant to type).

I also would suggest getting the Skyjacker pt# FA600 drop pitman arm if you want to make it ideal, your steering linkage still looks a little out of position with the lift, which will likely cause some fluctuations in toe alignment (affecting tire wear).

This article might be of some help:

I'll warn you ahead of time, finding a good alignment shop familiar with these suspensions can be tough (and is partly why I created that article)... Your best chance might be with a 4WD shop that regularly modifies them (as opposed to something like a Firestone dealer or Discount Tire, etc.). My best guess is most shop's training materials don't cover these suspensions well, especially with now that the 4WD versions have been out of production for over 2 decades.

Vstromvoyager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Yep those are stone chips. I like to call it the option I paid for but didn’t want. I replaced the windshield once to try and fix a water leak only to find out it was the A pillar.

Attachments

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Where at in Oregon? If around Salem/McMinnville let me know and we can do it in my driveway and save you some time/money and BS about RBV stuff...

Vstromvoyager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
That’s cool! I’m in the Salem area. I will pm you with my contact information. I’m still waiting fo the new steering parts to come in.

Vstromvoyager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Hey I want to send a thank you out to Scott for the help on setting up the steering on my B2! I really appreciate the help. I guess the next step for me is the front drive shaft.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
No problem, hope it drives better! You were pretty close, and thinking about it you can probably take one of the camber bushings back since your D35 already had one...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals