• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Steel Bumpers?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When the ‘15 bodystyle came out, I was all over it. But the ‘18 update really turned me off to it. Size wise they’re the same as any other half ton....as a whole segment they’re growing and nobody asked them to

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah the '15-17 didn't look too bad other than being kinda big.

'18+ looks like someone stuck a harmonica in the grille.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
Big ? My 13 is bigger interior.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
My 2013 Supercrew cab interior is larger than the new Screw interiors. Driving, it feels every bit as large as my 2004 F250 4 door Supercab.

Teamepicadventures

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger fx4
Similar in dimensions but not really in specs.

I say not a great seller because they were always rather scarce. The styling turned a lot away, the deep bed turned a lot away... and going to IRS didn't make many friends either. IIRC they were pretty pricey too.

If they would have left the Ranger looking front sheetmetal on it with a longer bed and called it a Ranger Supercrew (leaving the frame Explorer based for better stability) and not been so greedy on the price I think it would have sold better.

But as they said in Detroit a year ago the market has changed, people want 4 door midsize trucks now (I almost lol'ed, people have been crying for a 4dr Ranger for a long time)

I would take a first gen ST, would rather pass on a 2nd gen. IMO the 8.8 is a far superior truck axle when solid than it is independent.

If you watch Mr Truck's Ranger review on youtube the Ranger engineer he drove with out in California mentions he drives a first gen Sport Trac. :icon_thumby: Neat review, I think he was kind of rude to the engineer a couple times though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oG33bQzOc0
That was a rough video to watch. The ride was extremely awkward to watch with those two guys.

Rangerx2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.7 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Always question authority
"When the ‘15 bodystyle came out, I was all over it. But the ‘18 update really turned me off to it. Size wise they’re the same as any other half ton....as a whole segment they’re growing and nobody asked them to"
I've noticed that too, and I'm not crazy about this trend. I've seen several other complaints on various forums about it as well. I have a 2012 F-150, previously owned a 2006 F-150. The '12 felt significantly wider than the '06 when I first bought it. Both trucks use the same frame though. I know the newer truck is longer by about an inch or so with a larger cab. I'm actually getting tired of driving the full size truck sometimes to the point of even trolling Craigslist for an older Ranger 4x4/4.0 that I could possibly trade my F-150 on and have either a very low monthly payment, or none at all. I can't afford the '19 yet and I want a truck that doesn't need half a damn parking lot to turn around in! And then there's the cost fill the 37 gallon fuel tank in my '150...:eek: Frankly I don't know anyone that ever drove a 2004-14 F-150 and thought it was too small!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
36 gallon tank.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals