• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stationary back window

Chadk96xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
I recently broke out the sliding window of my 96 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab I'm looking to replace it with a stationary back window but I'm having a hard time finding a window that'll fit what other windows will fit my back window to make it stationary

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
86 through 2011 super cab rear windows are interchangeable, sliding and fixed.

Chadk96xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
So even if it says the part won't fit it will?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, it will

Welcome to TRS :)

Also 1998 to 2011 Regular cab, they changed to bolt in windows

In about 2005 Ford added 2 more studs to the top of these windows so you would need to drill 2 new holes in top frame

All super cabs used bolt in rear glass, slider or solid, 3 studs on top, 3 on bottom, 1 on each side
In 2005 they added 2 more on the top
In 1998 Regular cabs were switched to these same bolt in windows, they previously used different size glass and no bolts, just a gasket seal held them in place

Now, I have read of 2 super cabs that had the gasket type rear windows, so this is a "general" rule
I would pull the interior panels to see if you have bolt in or gasket type BEFORE buying a replacement, then get replacement for what YOU have on the 1996

This article is about removing the gasket type rear window on regular cabs: https://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/spring2009/remove_rear_window.shtml

Here is a picture of the bolt in window frame, you can see the holes for the studs on the rear window frame: https://www.ranger-forums.com/attachments/exterior-semi-tech-39/176896d1501424019-back-sliding-window-question-103-0333_img.jpg

There are videos on replacing these

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals