• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Starting issues, repeated leaks in heater core valve

elivergara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Update: My video and post refer to the leak as a possible cause for my starting issues. I just realized the starter and the leaking valve are on opposite sides.

Trouble still there, likely the starter then, and the leak as a separate issue... Why does that valve keep going bad?

I had trouble starting the truck this morning. It took a while, and then it started right away. I suspected a bad starter, as I drove off, I noticed steam coming off the engine. I pulled over and found that my heater core valve was leaking. It is probably the third time in three years that I've replaced it. Last year, I used my garden hose to "flush" the heater core, and it came back pretty clean. Nothing much came out of it. I replaced the valve with a new one and when it got warmer, I was afraid the valve would break again and leave me stranded, so I eventually just disconnected the heater from the actuator.
About two weeks ago I connected the heater actuator. This morning I noticed the valve leaking (see video link).

I have made a video if it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVp-GcdyYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVp-GcdyYI

1.- Are the leak and the starter problems related?
2.- Why does my valve keep going bad? Dirty Core? How can I clean it? (hose didn't seem to get much out)

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals