Starting 1997 ranger 4x4 trail truck build!

USCGC130

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
trying for 5.5-6
Very cool build C130. I saw part of this once but didn't go all the way through it, I was halfway through it here and still hadn't realized this started over a year ago. Very nice stuff there man :)

If you're gonna lose those auto hubs I would like a spare, if I could figure out something we could swap. If you have any ideas I'll keep a look at the PickNpay, but they don't usually have a lot of upper eschelon stuff there that I've seen :/
i mean once i get mine swapped and checked id be more than happy to ship them to you as long as you cover the shipping before hand. now that ill be manual i wont have any need for them and im pretty sure they work, just intermittently which maybe a good cleaning of them will fix them up. ill keep in touch with you after i get my new ones here and installed!

i have a few things ill be putting in the free section but you got dibs on the hubs, i also have a front coiler spacer kit i took off the front of mine that will go up inthe near future along with a few other parts pieces i removed when i did the lift.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: CFB3B5F7F32B37 Expires: March 30, 2020

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That sounds cool USCG. Hek, I've always liked them, I don't know why they get such a rap, they've never failed to work for me, but then I don't go extreme 4 wheelin like a lot of them do either

I got sent to the Coast Guard in 1982 when I was working offshore. The CG had decided offshore drilling rigs must be classified as ships or barges, not sure which, and that 10% of the crew must be certified. I worked for a major drilling company who had their main office in New Orleans and we got sent there on our week off, got crammed for 4 days on lifeboats and seamanship, rules of the road etc, and Friday morning taken to USCG office for an exam.
On the way down there a coworker asked if I thought I'd pass it, and the whole bus got quiet, I simply said "I didn't come here to flunk it"
There were about a dozen of us and everybody in it passed. Walked out of there that afternoon as an Able Seaman Unlimited Worldwide, excepting the Great Lakes which has entirely different rules of the road. Had I worked on a ship they said it would been 7 years before I'd be ready to take that test