• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stark State College '29 Ford Resto-Mod

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
LT265/75/R16
Hey everyone! I have some really exciting news! I know going to school is generally not much fun, especially during the summer. However, this summer is going to be a milestone for Stark State College. (I'm going to call it SSC, for short)

I just finished my first year of college at Stark State College majoring in Automotive Technologies. I absolutely loved school. It is amazing what your grades look like when you enjoy what you are learning about. I especially enjoyed my instructor, David Weary. At the end of the school year, Mr. Weary told us about his plans to have a summer class that consisted of SSC's 10 best Automotive Technologies students building a hot rod as a name plate for the school. He was willing to sponsor everything...the car, the chassis, engine, transmission, everything. The school approved his decision. I was very, very fortunate to be one of the students chosen to work on this new and exciting projects.

Starting Monday, June 13th 2011, Mr. Weary, myself, and 9 other students will start this awesome new class. (Imagine that, a class where you get to build a hot rod; I thought this kind of thing only happened in the movies!). For the next six weeks (possibly even 10 weeks) we will be working on this project.

A few months prior, Mr. Weary had located a '29 Ford Tudor in "restorable" shape in Carrollton, Ohio and purchased it. Soon after, he called a company (right now I cannot recall the name...I'll get back to you on that later) and ordered a chassis to be custom built to his specs.

Today I came to the Automotive Technologies building to mount and balance some tires and rims for my brother's Ranger and I saw Mr. Weary. We had talked earlier in the week about how the chassis and car had arrived at SSC. Immediately, he showed me a bunch of different parts - some parts custom, some from 80-something years ago, some from an S-10...etc, etc... Each of them, (except the glorious chassis) were covered in dirt, grime and grease - they were all the necessary "ingredients" for one bad, bad, '29 Ford Tudor resto-mod.

I know this isn't a Ford Ranger, but I am so extremely excited for this class, and eager to be a part of this history-making class at SSC. I will try my best to get as many pictures and updates as I can throughout this build. I really hope everyone enjoys this thread. Comments, please!!!

Here are some pictures of the chassis, car, engine, and trans. This is before the class has actually started.

The '29 Ford!

6.0L LS Motor

2001 Chevy S10 4L60 Automatic Transmission

Updates will be posted once the class starts on Monday!

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Whats with the chevy motor and trans? That rear end gives me a chubby.

lneidlinger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
A 4L60 behind a 6.0? I've heard enough bad things with them behind the 4.3's...

Other than that, that looks pretty badass. Doing it with independent rear suspension is really cool.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man thats some serious looking expensive suspension there! Have a great Summer, I would doing that.
Dave of the Nord

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
This would be so awesome but i hate anything with a sbc

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The rear end also gave me excitement in my gentleman's region. IRS, inboard discs, it's all shiny and pretty, and it's attached to a wonderfully clean chassis. I'm wondering why he didn't go full on Ford with the engine/trans combo, but to each their own.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
I'd rather see that restored. Seems like it is in too good of shape for what you plan on doing.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
please dont chop top that......please

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
please dont chop top that......please
X2!!!!

I see cutting marks on that. Yes it takes some skill, but it looks friggen stupid. Especially for a "resto-mod", that's full on custom territory.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
an ls? gtfo

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Nice project, keep us posted!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals