stand alone wiring harness for the 4.0

zuki

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
suzuki
Transmission
Automatic
is there any company that makes a stand alone wiring harness for a 4.0?

background:

i have swapped a 4.0 into my samurai, and have run this combo for many years. it is awesome. but last run i hit a huge bump going kinda fast, and the thing quit. keeps shorting out the ignition fuse in the power block. i cannot find a short. not sure what the problem is. i have pulled the whole wiring harness out of the vehical and still cannot find any wires that are shorting out. this just sucks.

anyway i thought about find another junkyard wiring harness/computer/etc, but if there is an aftermarket stand alone wiring harness i would like to consider that. it would be nice to only have the wires in the engine compartment that were needed to run the motor, and not all that other crap. i have cut out as much as i could that i felt was unnecesarry, but to tell you the truth, i really don't understand fuel injection, so i am sure there is a bunch of stuff i really don't need yet in there. the samurai has a very small engine compartment, so all those extra wires are really inritating. when it comes to working on it, i do miss the simplicity of the carbed 2.8 i use to run. i don't miss the lack of power or the lack of relibitily of the 2.8 though.

anyway any thoughts would be appreated.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 4FF3E9EEA14805 Expires: October 1st, 2020

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Dude.....I'd make you a wiring harness. I've had 2 93-94 4.0 harnesses apart and these are dirt simple.....compared to others anyway.

I'm actually in the process of converting my 94' 3.0 from TFI distributor ignition to EDIS6 from the same year 4.0. Easy peasy.

Seriously though......PM me with how you have your engine compartment set up, engine trans combo, year of engine, etc. and maybe we can work something out.

zuki

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
suzuki
Transmission
Automatic
Dude.....I'd make you a wiring harness. I've had 2 93-94 4.0 harnesses apart and these are dirt simple.....compared to others anyway.

I'm actually in the process of converting my 94' 3.0 from TFI distributor ignition to EDIS6 from the same year 4.0. Easy peasy.

Seriously though......PM me with how you have your engine compartment set up, engine trans combo, year of engine, etc. and maybe we can work something out.
thanks alot, but i got it figured out.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '94, '80
Make / Model
Ford, GMC
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So what was it?
Richard

zuki

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
suzuki
Transmission
Automatic
So what was it?
Richard
not sure, i pulled the entire wiring harness and went thru it. i had a couple of connections that were questionable, nothing really that looked to be the issue though. anyway, i fixed up the questionable connections, and put it back in, and no issues since.

Ceriggin

Reaction score

Are you still willing to do stand alone wiring harness for 93 ranger 4.0

newera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Transmission
Automatic
is there any company that makes a stand alone wiring harness for a 4.0?

background:

i have swapped a 4.0 into my samurai, and have run this combo for many years. it is awesome. but last run i hit a huge bump going kinda fast, and the thing quit. keeps shorting out the ignition fuse in the power block. i cannot find a short. not sure what the problem is. i have pulled the whole wiring harness out of the vehical and still cannot find any wires that are shorting out. this just sucks.

anyway i thought about find another junkyard wiring harness/computer/etc, but if there is an aftermarket stand alone wiring harness i would like to consider that. it would be nice to only have the wires in the engine compartment that were needed to run the motor, and not all that other crap. i have cut out as much as i could that i felt was unnecesarry, but to tell you the truth, i really don't understand fuel injection, so i am sure there is a bunch of stuff i really don't need yet in there. the samurai has a very small engine compartment, so all those extra wires are really inritating. when it comes to working on it, i do miss the simplicity of the carbed 2.8 i use to run. i don't miss the lack of power or the lack of relibitily of the 2.8 though.

anyway any thoughts would be appreated.
who make the 4ltr stand alone wires pete 3133086734