• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

stalling problem every few days

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
I have not heard of brushless DC motors. How do they do that?

That pump looks as if you'd have to cut some metal to get it apart. The ends of the outer case look to be formed as retainers for the end caps.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
so far so good. the fuel pump must have been the problem.

I do notice a difference. with the old fuel pump, had to crank the engine 5-6 times to start. didn't think that was unusual, but with the new fuel pump the motor only has to turn over twice and it starts right up. that's one more thing to help diagnose this problem in the future.

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
That's actually interesting and might be what is wrong with mine...the old carbureted engine was on an electric fuel pump too but it would only turn over a few times before firing...this one takes anywhere from five to seven turns before starting...

Although it almost always starts within that time...the only time I've seen it fire sooner is when the battery is fully charged...so part of a slow start might be a low battery...or one that is simply getting old and can't crank it over as fast....may need to check the amps on my current battery...

Anyway...thanks for the update and glad it worked out for you...:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals