• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SSD Drives

5speedin2.3

May 2012 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
The battery on my MacBook Pro stays around room temperature once it's done changing.

My battery has over 900 cycles and I still get 4-6hrs.
Once with the 7200rpm drive I got close to eight hours while on a trip (four movies).

dankhimself

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yea, my laptop is old, has a 17" screen, two blaster fans and has the high performance parts of its time, which just eat power. once they really started focusing on power consumption, battery life went through the roof haha. Im pretty much screwed if that thing isn't plugged in. Im probably going to get a Sager as my next portable pc. They have dual gfx cards and all the goodies needed to rip up the newer games. My Lappy even has those xps led lights on the case and lip that light up the logos and stuff haha. Its a funny computer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Got my SSD installed the other day, shortly after this thread Newegg had a deal on a 120gb SSD. Seeing as I haven't come close to filling the 160GB hd that my computer came with I figured what the hell. Besides, I have the 1TB external for bulk storage.

Definitely loads faster. Haven't had a chance to check on the power consumption, but I know the SSD itself takes a whole lot less wattage than the original was listed for (on paper at least). It also runs noticeably cooler.

The only problem is my computer is only sata 2, even though the drive is rated for Sata 6. So I'm limited to only about 230-250 mb/sec for read/write (As opposed to 500-550 mb/sec with Sata 6) I guess I'll have to settle for moving a gig of information in 4 seconds instead of 2 :'(

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals