• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SS borla headers 90'-92' w/o egr convert to 1995 w / egr

Lukster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Late 1995
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L ohv
Transmission
Automatic
I have what looks to be a Early 90's model set of ss borla headers. W/o egr port. I have a 1995 4.0 w/the egr. I was going to cut off the lone tube extension on the right one, front part of the borla header, and weld a nipple for the egr intake on the left header where it needs to be. I haven't got the time to take it apart, shes a daily driver. I trying to find time to go find a oem lone header and match them up and measure etc.. But been to busy.

Sooo. some questions for some ranger knowledge'd dudes.

1. Will the existing oem cat forward (y pipe and crossover) butt up to these borla headers.. I doubt but hoping someone can answer with good news:bawling:
  2. What is that tube for extending out
  3. I don't know what exactly which model these were made for . I assume its either 1990-1992 somewhere between 1990-1994. I think the tube can explain this.
  4. Being this , I also assume these are going to fit and match up rite. Nothing different about a 1993 and 1995 4.0 header bolt pattern and etc.
  5. What, if anything, can i do if I don't add the egr port. I do want my egr system, but do I need it.:icon_confused:

check out images below
Thanks

Lukster

"I want to put it in her" Lukster :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
They are "incomplete" because Borla's include a special Y-pipe.

AD

Lukster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Late 1995
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L ohv
Transmission
Automatic
They are "incomplete" because Borla's include a special Y-pipe.

AD
Thanks for your reply,
Yes I know. I have the cross over pipe. no Y, But I can make one. I am trying to get info on the questions I asked. That was my purpose behind Question#1.:sad:

I'd prob run true duals, but don't want to hassle with the adding of o2 bank1 and bank 2 sensor-nipple inlets on new runs if I can just use existing runs etc. but if i did id prob do 2 small cats off each run and do a 2 in 2 out muffler, or keep my cobra mufflers that r turned down mid way. I still like the sound of em.:icon_hornsup:

So I assume if there isn't much knowledge out there about the fit of these on a later model ranger, Ill be either selling them or spending some time on fabricating and fitting these and Ill just post up my mod

Last edited:

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
"True duals" work on a Ranger only if you run two side by side pipes down the passenger side of the vehicle.

And if I were doing "true duals" that's how I'd do it.

I see no reason (functional or asthetic) to have pipes on either side
that justifies the difficulty and multiple interference issues of running the pipes
as widely seperated duals.

Frankly I think the only thing that looks more "ass" than that is the guys who
put dual stacks on full size dodge diesels.... it's an inline six for pete's sake!

Duial stacks on either side of a Ford or Chevy has SOME point, but there's
really only one pipe off the turbo on a Ford, so again, what's the point?

AD

Last edited:

Lukster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Late 1995
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L ohv
Transmission
Automatic
"True duals" work on a Ranger only if you run two side by side pipes down the passenger side of the vehicle.

And if I were doing "true duals" that's how I'd do it.

I see no reason (functional or asthetic) to have pipes on either side
that justifies the difficulty and multiple interference issues of running the pipes
as widely seperated duals.

Frankly I think the only thing that looks more "ass" than that is the guys who
put dual stacks on full size dodge diesels.... it's an inline six for pete's sake!

Duial stacks on either side of a Ford or Chevy has SOME point, but there's
really only one pipe off the turbo on a Ford, so again, what's the point?

AD
The other day I saw a ,at least, 10" od stack on a dodge... geeez.:icon_confused:

O of course.. I would run them side by side. Im not running a pipe near my 20gal plastic gas tank Thats why i was saying run a two in two out.. I found a extra oem header and will take it to my shop one day this week. My main thing is just.. 'Will these borla headers bolt up to the existing cat forward' . I examined them. the drop looks right and length along with the flanges lining up. It will be nice if they doo.. :icon_bounceblue:

update comming soon:icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals