• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

squeal / chirping noise :video link with sound to help

xplodezeus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My truck recently started making this squalling noise. I know its not the belt because I replaced it with a gator one. It still continued to make the noise after the replacement part. Next it tested serpentine system by removing the belt from the truck and starting it. It still continued to make the noise.

I can only best describe the noise as a squeal / chirping noise.

The link below is a video with sound. In the video I am running the truck without the belt.

The noise sounds like it is coming from behind the engine on the passenger side.

http://fordranger.moonfruit.com/videos

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i had this same problem, however if you're not running the belt then i dont know what to tell you, my chirp was similar to that sound, i had to change the idler pulley because the bearing was fubared.

xplodezeus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I actually fixed the problem. Some other people at RANGER POWER SPORTS helped me troubleshot the noise.

It ended up being the cam position sensor. I went in and lubricated it ... the noise is now gone.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals