• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Springs Pop out - 2.5" front spacer lift installation

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
Pretty straight forward dude! Get them switched out and put on the bottom. Spring should set in the groove that’s made in the spacer.

Riceman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I was able to talk to a representative at Wulf, real nice lady and very helpful.
She says the proper installation would be to place the spacer at the bottom of the spring. The strut length is less critical but getting something with good travel is always a plus. These are spacers are made to go with the original OEM size shock or similar.
She also noted that if the springs have deteriorated too much, then going with a 2" longer option may be something else to consider as well.
She also mentioned another post that ended up fabricating some type of bracket to keep the spring guided into place.
I'll discuss these options with my mechanic.
Installation Procedure attached.

Attachments

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
a point to ponder:

the top of the coil spring remains at relatively the same angle against the frame.
because the lower arm swings in an arc the angle where the bottom of the spring contacts the control arm changes more than the top.
adding a spacer increases the lower part of the arc, which increases the angle between the spring & control arm.

Godfella691981

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Size
Vulcan 3.0L 292k Miles
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
225/75-15
I have a 2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L AT 4x2. Very simple truck and I love my Ranger. This site has helped me in so many different ways.
Recently I had my mechanic install a 2.5" Wulf spring coil front lift kit.
However, I have had to go back twice now because after hitting a bump in the road, the springs have come out of place and now front suspension doesn't work right.
The spacer was installed at the top of the spring.
From the image you can see that the spring is no longer within the spacer.
Should there be a collar, cone, alignment tool or something that helps to guide the spring to remain in place? Does it matter if the spacer is at the top or at the bottom of the spring?

View attachment 77267View attachment 77268
The SPACER is supposed to be on the BOTTOM of the spring in the indentation of the A-Arm. I have seen numerous people have this same issue because those spacers do not come with any instructions.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals