• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sport bikes

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well im going to 2nd on the SV650 its a great do it all bike even for a beginner I have been on bikes since I was 5 and have been on the street since I was 14 started with a dt125 then got a nx 125 till I was 16 then then got a 600cbr but the gs500 is a better bike in my mind then the kaww250 or 500

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
don't go too small or you'll be bored with it real quick. the first bike I ever had was a '01 929rr. took the test on it and still own it to this day. at first I wanted to get a 600 but I'm glad I stepped up and got the 929. don't let people scare you out of a bigger bike. all bikes can go slower, but not all can go faster. they have throttles, use em.

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
starting on a race ready bike is not a good idea for every one. 600 till you get used to riding.

dgarner08, it is dyna low rider, not dana....

Last edited:

camma83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
THis big " "
Transmission
Manual
Well i would tell you to get a suzuki Drz 400sm, its a great bike to ride around town and up in the mountain roads and some highway travel on. I have the drz400s which is the more dirt oriented, The sm you can wheelie off curbs and over speed bumps, run stuff over without much worry. gets around 50mpg and it has a lot of mods you can do to it...

stock95ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have been riding on the stree for about 6 years now and have had 3 bikes. I started out riding in dirt on a KTM 125SX which was incredibly fast. Then once i was old enough I found a used CM400 Honda in good shape for 500 bucks i think. I rode it for about a year and then wanted something bigger and better. I found a 81 Honda CB750 that I rode until this march. The 750 was a great bike, moved good, comfortable to rid eanywhere and even handled pretty decent and i think it weighed around 550 with all the fluids in it. Now I have an 06 Buell Ulysses and I love it. It is not as fast as a crotch rocket but faster than just about anything else. It has power everywhere. If I were going to start riding I would start out on an older used bike like someone else suggested that way if you do lay it down its no big deal. If you want a new bike I have heard a lot of good things about the buell blast. Its a 500 cc, very user friendly and best of all its made in america. Hope this helps.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
my brothers first bike was a katana 1100, it was an 89 so it wasent nearly as powerfull as the newer bikes and road like a pile of shit. 600lbs and a high center of gravity dont mix! i road that bike maybe 100 miles or so and hated every minute of it. he now has a yamaha r6 with just about any "bolt on or plug in" mod it can have along with larger rear sprocket. that bike will stand up in 5th with a little help but still rides VERY nicely but as stated before, NEITHER of the bikes my brother has owned are good learners bikes, the katana was way to powerful once you got going and the R6 is just nutts. if my brother wasent as incredably skilled a driver as he is he would of never been able to handle either of those bikes.

michowski

Reaction score
K well ive been doing a lot of digging around and I think my mind is now set to get the gsx 650f. Watched some video's of the bike and so far people have only said, its a great all around town bike or even just cruising down the highway. Its not to powerful that it will compete with an r6 or anything so the power should be fine for me. To be honest my dads vlx 600 bike is weak. I had that thing doing 80 down the street and was like ok this is really boring lol.

Im not going to be doing wheelies or any tricks or stunts either. I just want something thats gonna have power for later down the road for when im ready but I dont want anything now thats gonna leave me wanting more power down the road. Im liking everything I am seeing about the gsx 650f. Great for twisty roads in towns. Comfortable for hours at a time. But it also capable to take to a track and let loose once in a while. If anything its got enough to make ya smile. Sounds like exactly what im looking for. Anyone here ever ride one? Any thoughts?

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
here is me on my 2000 gix 750, its real confortable on the back wheel, but i aint onto cruising long distances or anything

michowski

Reaction score
Ok well im gonna get the gsx 650f. 6,999. Been doing a lot of reading up on em and seems like this is what im looking for. Great for long trips, short trips, good power band. As soon as I can get a co-signer il be riding one.

HIPCHIP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
They look like nice bikes. As long as you respect the throttle you should have no problems. I think this is the updated version of the old Katana. They had lot's of power, so just be careful until you get used to it.
Dan'o :}

michowski

Reaction score
Ya I remember reading that they were an updated katana. Same basic platforms with lots of minor revisions made more towards what the customers wanted. Cant wait to get mine. Gonna be nice to get like 60mpg and like 350 miles to a tank.

dgarner08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my bad candyman that's what i was trying to say:pray:

michowski

Reaction score
Does anybody know how I can get a loan without using a co-signer? I know il have high interest because im only 20 and this is the first loan ive ever taken. I am really hoping to get my loan by myself so I can seperate myself from my parents as far as money or any kind of liability with this. I went to a dealer friday and he ran me and said I had "limited credit" so I couldnt be approved up front on the spot. I did apply with capital one because they were the first place to ever give me a credit card and today I got an email from them about they want to start doing auto loans with me so I did fill that out. Im getting a blank check in the mail from them so what does that mean? Any idea's?

HIPCHIP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Does anybody know how I can get a loan without using a co-signer? I know il have high interest because im only 20 and this is the first loan ive ever taken. I am really hoping to get my loan by myself so I can seperate myself from my parents as far as money or any kind of liability with this. I went to a dealer friday and he ran me and said I had "limited credit" so I couldnt be approved up front on the spot. I did apply with capital one because they were the first place to ever give me a credit card and today I got an email from them about they want to start doing auto loans with me so I did fill that out. Im getting a blank check in the mail from them so what does that mean? Any idea's?
You need to have a good job, and hopefully you've been there awhile. Check with the local credit unions, they are usually the easiest to start with. Just make sure you can make all the payments, including insurance, maintenance, etc, or you'll get in over your head and really screw things up. It may not matter now, but in a few years when you're trying to buy a house, or even rent, it can really screw you up.

You may want to look for a nice inexpensive used bike and finance that. Something that won't go down in value that much that you can sell if you needed to, then once you get established credit, etc, then go out and finance a new bike.

michowski

Reaction score
Only thing with that is I dont want a used bike because I dont want other peoples problems. And there is nothing I want thats just a few grand. I might as well spend my 6 and get something I want. Ive had a steady job for 4 and a half years, I can do the payments, insurance, maitence no problem. I just really want something new thats mine from the start. At least this way if something happens its most likely gonna be my fault. I figure, its new, its mine after payments, I can make the payments and do everything myself, and its not a 30,000 dollar car im paying off for 10 years either so why not.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals