• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spike tv's Extreme 4x4 comes to an end...

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Ian Johnson just stated on pirate two nights ago that spike tv has decided to cancel power block tv. That explains why it went absent two weekends ago and its been reruns since. Good news is Ian is continuing power block on a local station, CBS & NBC. You can read more here...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ends-year.html

This is the post he made...

Xtreme 4x4 ends this year

"Now before everyone gets upset these things happen. Spike TV has decided to no longer carry the Powerblock so Xtreme 4x4 ends this year. To everyone who has watched the show I want to say thank you for the support over the years.

For all the vendors who provided product in order for me to build the off road creations I also want to say thanks.

You can always watch the past shows online at powerblocknetwork.com

Now with the sad news that Xtreme 4x4 is off the air, I do have some good news. Starting December 28th I will have a new show called Xtreme Off Road, that will air on CBS Sports, and NBC Sports. Xtreme Off Road will be on Sunday Morning, but will also repeated during the week.

Although this means a lot of changes, trust me I will do my best to represent our "sport". The new website launched today at www.powernationtv.com so check it out, and as always post up here and I will answer any and all questions."

I had the chance to hang with Ian at a Crawl event in Bowling Green, he's a pretty Kool guy to talk to and be around. Can't wait til the new show airs...

SVT

Last edited:

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this sucks!!!! first speed channel, now this? not anything worth watching on tv now....I used to watch shows like overhaulin, pimp my ride was good for some laughs, junkyard wars....... at one time there was some kind of automotive related shows on at least one channel daily..... now almost nothing....why have cable or direct tv ??? all that real housewives and other reality tv sucks..... kill your tv indeed

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
The list of programming for guys (typically - not to leave out any female gearhead types) NOT featuring men in tight pants running into each other on purpose is getting mighty short. Speed Network and Fuel TV fell by the wayside earlier this year, and now Power Block has come to an end.

The thing about such dying breeds that appealed to me was that anyone, with a few extra bucks, a place and tools to work with, and some imagination and mechanical skill could participate in the fun and benefit from the knowledge the programming provided. Granted, not everyone has the cash and tools to do everything seen there, but the ideas could be adapted to many projects in progress.

That's one of the coolest things about TRS to me. I will likely never have the resources to build a Ranger like some of you guys here have, but seeing the build threads and other pics gives me ideas that I can use according to my budget to enhance my truck and make it more useful and fun.

So, so long, Power Block. We'll miss you as we miss Pinks, Pass Time, etc, etc...

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
well that sucks. i was wondering why it didnt get DVR'd....figured my wife changed something.

hope the new show is just as good

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

It looks like it's going to still carry the shows we love, just under new names:

Detroit Muscle
Engine Power
Xtreme Off Road
Truck Tech

http://www.powernationtv.com/

RTM Productions announces it has added CBS Sports Network as an additional cable partner to air the company's new PowerNation auto block in 2014.

"We are excited to team up with a premier brand like CBS Sports Network. We will rollout our four new PowerNation shows in January to their 60 million US households," said RTM President Joe St. Lawrence.

RTM's PowerNation shows address key market niches - Engine Power (performance), Truck Tech (light truck), Detroit Muscle (early and late model muscle cars) and Xtreme Off-Road (4x4 fabrication).

With the announcement that RTM secured distribution on NBC Sports Network, which reaches 80 million cable subscribers, the new PowerNation block will launch to more homes than any programming in RTM's 27-year history.

"We are also very excited to announce Courtney Hansen will host this new block," added RTM COO Patty St. Lawrence. "Courtney will interview motorsports personalities, industry leaders and celebrity builders from the new PowerNation set at our tech center studio in Franklin, TN."

RTM's team of expert auto hosts – Kevin Tetz, Ryan Shand, Ian Johnson, Joe Elmore, Tommy Boshers, Mike Galley and John Bouchard will continue delivering the most creditable auto tech content on television.

"We are also growing our online distribution. After our how-to shows air on cable, they are streamed with product links to sponsor sites," said RTM's VP of Marketing and Digital Matt Hawkins. "We are streaming over 5.3 million minutes of how-to video monthly, and 44% of that is consumed on mobile devices."

With RTM's strategy to distribute its content through multiple TV and digital outlets, the company will announce additional partnerships during 2014.

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Wow that's kind of surprising, I've always watched some sort of car show in the mornings on that channel since i was little. Horsepower has been around for decades, I wonder how bad their ratings are that spike decided to drop them. Guess them gives them 2 more hours they can play bar rescue lol.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I look forward to seeing how the Engine Power show is. Horsepower has recently become "LS television." "Next week is our 5,000th LS build. We'll celebrate by putting another set of heads, cam and intake on an LS1!"

When they brought that old Mazda RX7 into the shop, I thought, "No way, they're gonna build up a Wankel?? That's pretty frggin cool!" That lasted for about 10 seconds until I realized they were gonna put an LS1 in it.

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I look forward to seeing how the Engine Power show is. Horsepower has recently become "LS television." "Next week is our 5,000th LS build. We'll celebrate by putting another set of heads, cam and intake on an LS1!"

When they brought that old Mazda RX7 into the shop, I thought, "No way, they're gonna build up a Wankel?? That's pretty frggin cool!" That lasted for about 10 seconds until I realized they were gonna put an LS1 in it.
Of course, Cheby is owned by the government, the government owns TV, hence we're stuck with dumbing of the Sheeple TV and you get to know the ins and outs of the government motor! :icon_thumby:
Probably why the newer Mustangs all look like Camaros, government control. There's no originality in vehicles anymore (and if there is, you built it yourself and it's getting harder and harder to continue drive them with pay your yearly street control inspections), no character. Even my 2010 HD doesn't have any character. My 1949 Harley, now that thing has character, haven't started it in 3 weeks, walked by it the other day in the shop and it jumped out and bit me!! Guess I'll be kicking and riding in the cold in a day or 2!

Last edited:

jhammel85

It sucks but at least it's on a new show. Honestly, the last year or so has been disappointing. Nothing but product placement anymore..

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
Agreed. So tired of "LS this, LS that". Hopefully, the new shows will be a turn around. Hell. I've gotten to where I sit and watch "Sponge Bob" with the kids instead of "PowerBlah". If I wanted a freakin "LS" engine, then I'd go buy a freakin GM.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It sucks but at least it's on a new show. Honestly, the last year or so has been disappointing. Nothing but product placement anymore..
That has pretty much summed up car shows for as long as I can remember... "this brand new part by watsizface goes here and see how perfect it fits with this other new part by that other guy." until we get done with the multimillion dollar budget build.

Last edited:

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Of course, Cheby is owned by the government, the government owns TV, hence we're stuck with dumbing of the Sheeple TV and you get to know the ins and outs of the government motor! :icon_thumby:
Probably why the newer Mustangs all look like Camaros, government control. There's no originality in vehicles anymore (and if there is, you built it yourself and it's getting harder and harder to continue drive them with pay your yearly street control inspections), no character. Even my 2010 HD doesn't have any character. My 1949 Harley, now that thing has character, haven't started it in 3 weeks, walked by it the other day in the shop and it jumped out and bit me!! Guess I'll be kicking and riding in the cold in a day or 2!
Volks-vagon?

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Agreed. So tired of "LS this, LS that". Hopefully, the new shows will be a turn around. Hell. I've gotten to where I sit and watch "Sponge Bob" with the kids instead of "PowerBlah". If I wanted a freakin "LS" engine, then I'd go buy a freakin GM.
I got tired of the "were putting this big expensive part on this truck with equipment you probably don't have to make it crazy cool" on trucks...xtreme 4x4 was the only decent show anymore because they still did reasonable projects. Not everything was a blower or testing before and after oil brand, cold air intake, spark plug swap.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It wouldn't be so bad about all the product placement if they allowed an equal amount of "homebrewed fix". Extreme was the best of a bad bunch and I quit watching all of them a while ago, I can better spend my time making mistakes in the garage. It's the same in the magazines.

Richard

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
powerblock has been around since tnn with that country girl hosting

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals