• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

speed limit

aaron_ariens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
91 in mine on the way home from the Jason Aldean concert. I called my friend after I parked, "DUDE, I HIT THE LIMITER IN MY RANGER!" "No way, how fast?" "91" "HAHAHAHAAHAHAH" "=["

aaron_ariens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
91 in mine on the way home from the Jason Aldean concert. I called my friend after I parked, "DUDE, I HIT THE LIMITER IN MY RANGER!" "No way, how fast?" "91" "HAHAHAHAAHAHAH" "=["

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
interesting my 93 3.0 ranger auto (a4ld) 4wd ranger would go to 3rd gear wide open but wouldnt shift to 4th gear, the speedo stopped at 85 but it would wrap to the od on overdrive, friend was racin me asked how fast we were going he said 109 in his mustang. my 92 2wd 2.3 m5od manual trk was going thru the gears felt good thru 4th put it in 5th she bogged (def overdrive gear) and went til the engine wouldnt put out nemore, again speedo only says 85 but it went to the bottom. was going and a guy w/ a camaro we stopped for gas on the way back from baton rouge he said i didnt kno a ranger could go that fast. i said how fast were we going he said my car said 113 what did yours say i said mine stops at 85 and laughed. everyone on here says over 90 to 100 is scary in a ranger, from what ive noticed driving the two that ive owned im more scared at 70 than 80 or so. the reason for this is around 70 mph the front end and wheels get this high speed shimmy going on and it scared the piss out of me at first. one day i was going and hit 70 felt the shimmy and just kept going, well around 75 it started going away and by 80 it was smooth as silk, just felt light and had to be careful steering it. i drive with one hand all the way to the limiter no problems, what is everyone elses experience? and another thing, every time i took my 93 ranger in for an alignment after 1000 bux worth of work dam near every time (ball joints and radius arm bushings, one time the bracket was bent) the dam trk has a slight steer to the right. i take it back they say its perfect on the machine and its the tires worn, i swap tires from the rear/install new tires same shit. my 92 does it to an extent to, what gives and/or is there a fix for this?

JFox4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L I4
Transmission
Manual
My 2004 will hit about 95 and its no problem in terms of comfort but after several races and goofin around i figure i will drive easier and take care of it so im not fixing things as much lol. I love going fast and puttin the pedal down but i hate breaking stuff so i decided i can give up the racing lol, especially before i lose lol. And as for shops lol, i never want to pay for the labor, i try to do as much as i can on my own. Maybe their machine is a piece of junk lol, luckily mine still drives straight, that must be frustrating.

v8318cid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
I've had my 92 up to 85 and it felt like it was going to blow apart. Of course, considering for most of the time I've had it, it wouldn't go over 60 due to ignition problems, I consider myself lucky to get that high... LIMA POWER! LOL!

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
I just got back from SLC.. a 2700 mile trip. The speed limits were 75 everywhere except here in Iowa. I was running around 85 on much of the trip and that's not unusual or out of the norm.

My 2003 limits out at 100, but come on, it's not close to what I'd call unstable.. I guess it's all what you're used to.. my bikes run well over 100..

You just gotta know your limitations... :icon_hornsup:

... and for me, I will remove that limiter at some point. He!! it'll do 85 in 3rd before it red lines. :3gears:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals