• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Special hints to swap out windshield on '93 Splash?

ccaissie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Stone chip created very quick split on windshield. I have a '97 spare parts Ranger for my '93 Splash.

Any guidelines on special hints for this truck? appreciate any help , videos, Youtube etc?

Thanks,
Colin

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I've tried the windshield swap in the past... it didn't end well for me... I broke the donor glass. I think it had a chip I didn't notice

I personally would call the glass shop or if you have a friend or a friend of a friend that does glass... let the pros do it.

I pick and choose my Ranger battles... sometimes it is just worth it to me and paying someone.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It is pretty cheap to have done too.

We priced around to get a windshield resealed in our '96 F-250 welder truck, everybody said 9 times out of 10 the windshield breaks when they pull it.

But I also see guys carrying windshields out of the JY, maybe they just keep trying until they get the 10th one out? :dntknw:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I've tried to remove a bunch of them and they've all broken...and I have actual removal tools at my disposal. They're just fragile. I'd just pay up and have a new one put in.

I worked at a junkyard for a while and they had this cool little induction heater thing that they used for glass removal. Basically you run it around the edge slowly where the glue is until the glue starts smoking and melts...then you can carefully start prying the glass away from the body, heating as you go.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals