• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sound like a good deal?

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
A buddy of mine works at a local garage and they just bought a new tire machine so they were selling their old one. It says it's a Coats 10-10 on the side of it, but from what i've managed to find out so far it's actually a Coats 20-20 because it has the air tank with the bead blasting ring, so the cover with the label on it must have been swapped or something. Anyway the guy was selling the tire machine for 250 and I managed to get him to throw in their old bubble balancer on the deal and bought it up on the spot. I haven't seen alot of these things for sale at all, but does it sound like a good deal? I know his reason for getting another one is because you can't do alot of aluminum rims on FWD cars with the thing, but I could care less about that really.

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like a pretty good deal as long as you actually plan on using the tool and not just letting it sit and take up shop space with the hopes of using it one day.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Funny thing is, I just got done using it for the first time. I've had a Hyundai Excel that I haven't driven in like 6 months because I needed to get tires mounted on it. I haven't really had a need to drive the car mostly because it gets the same gas mileage as my Subaru, but having the tire machine gave me the motivation I needed to finally get it up and running again. I guess in a way it paid off a little bit so far because I would have eventually paid someone to mount the tires for me.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Can't say if it was a good deal if you don't at least hint on how much you paid...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can't say if it was a good deal if you don't at least hint on how much you paid...
Anyway the guy was selling the tire machine for 250 and I managed to get him to throw in their old bubble balancer on the deal and bought it up on the spot.

Those bubble balancers work pretty well, I used my dad's on my Dunlops and they still roll as nice and smooth as the ones on my F-150 that were balanced with the fancy spinning one.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
good deal man, i think so anyways

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals