• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019+ Ford Ranger Lift Kits / Crash Bars

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Man I've been thinking about getting the eibach kit. But my fiend James has had to replace 2 shocks from leakage. Now they've swapped them both under warranty bit still seems like a pain. So now I'm leaning toward the BDS myself.

Eh. Faulty parts happen regardless of brand. Was it the fronts or rears that started leaking on him? Coilovers or struts?

The Eibach (coilover) kit Is a home run in my book, all around. I saw their kit with the front extended travel coilovers AND the rear shocks yesterday online somewhere for 940$. Hard to beat that.

The fox coilovers (iirc) don't allow for more travel, kings are too much money, icon stuff is crap AND too much money.. the eibach coilovers seem like a home run.

It'll add a bit of hassle when one of the fronts start leaking.. but seals and oil are cheaper than replacing struts so 🤷‍♀️. Idk If the eibach rears are rebuildable.. but they're affordable enough either way.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Eh. Faulty parts happen regardless of brand. Was it the fronts or rears that started leaking on him? Coilovers or struts?

The Eibach (coilover) kit Is a home run in my book, all around. I saw their kit with the front extended travel coilovers AND the rear shocks yesterday online somewhere for 940$. Hard to beat that.

The fox coilovers (iirc) don't allow for more travel, kings are too much money, icon stuff is crap AND too much money.. the eibach coilovers seem like a home run.

It'll add a bit of hassle when one of the fronts start leaking.. but seals and oil are cheaper than replacing struts so 🤷‍♀️. Idk If the eibach rears are rebuildable.. but they're affordable enough either way.
It was the driver front strut and one of the rears the other time. They replaced them under warranty though. He loves them. But he also said he was gonna switch to Fox probably next year. He's also told me that the rears are rusting at the mounts. That being said he spends just about every weekend on a trail in east Tennessee. I'm sure if someone was mainly a highway driver with the occasional offroad adventure they would never encounter this

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
It was the driver front strut and one of the rears the other time. They replaced them under warranty though. He loves them. But he also said he was gonna switch to Fox probably next year. He's also told me that the rears are rusting at the mounts. That being said he spends just about every weekend on a trail in east Tennessee. I'm sure if someone was mainly a highway driver with the occasional offroad adventure they would never encounter this

Right on, My truck is unlikely to ever see wheeling that frequently.. unfortunately 😔 lol.

I got offered some rear shocks that have 5k miles on them.. I might bite if I can get a good enough deal.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
If I was going higher than a 2.5 level I would for sure get a kit with UCAs
A mall crawler probably wouldn't need the ucas but if the rigs gonna be taken off road then it absolutely does.

Uca's, extended travel coilovers, and the apg tie rod ends are all a guy needs to go from 6.5" to 9" of wheel travel in the front end. Definitely the route I'm gonna start to go once my struts are toast.
I had a 2.5" level on my old Sport Trac with stock UCA's and I'd get two years max out of the upper ball joints. They didn't like the extra angle.

The Ranger has a 1.5" level from Truxxx, same place I got my Sport Trac kit. I didn't want to get new UCA's or have more ball joint hassles, plus it's a tight fit in my garage anyway. Alignment shop near my work did it for $340 including alignment. That said, a few days later the left inner CV literally exploded. I had AAA tow it to the shop, I'm thinking they stretched the CV out and it wasn't seated fully. Obviously I can't prove they screwed it up but we settled with me buying a new axle shaft and they installed it no cost.

CMOS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
Very soon I'll be installing a BDS 2.5" Lift. I decided that I would go ahead with the upgraded UCA's based on the strong suggestion of my local 4x4 shop.

2.5" p front, with 1" Shackles in the rear. Also includes upgraded rear shocks.

CMOS

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals