• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some Wheeling Pics

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
You have one of my favorite rangers on the site, i always look forward to new pics.

Quick question, did you manage to get those wheels balanced? i have the same ones and im told weights cant be put on the outside so i got the steering wheel shimmy.

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You have one of my favorite rangers on the site, i always look forward to new pics.

Quick question, did you manage to get those wheels balanced? i have the same ones and im told weights cant be put on the outside so i got the steering wheel shimmy.
Thanks man, I'll whore pics any chance I get :derisive: :D

On the wheels, yup, I balance them myself at work. On the inside, I use regular clip-on weights for steel wheels. On the outside, I just use tape truck weights right behind the fake beadlock ring on the flat part of the wheel. They balance up to zero that way & I get no shimmy. :icon_thumby:

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
when my rangers done ill have to run holy cross with ya thumper113 lol if ya want too lol. as a matter of fact ill be heading down your way tomorrow for a winch for my ranger

Last edited:

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Damn do I want to come out there and go wheeling with you guys. Actually I would love to move out there! I absolutely love colorado.

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Always like seeing wheelin pics with good views and I have seen much of this in the past from you.

Nice pics. I also concur on the above stated about your truck.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
AAAWWWW, don't let him kid you, Thumper is a sissy..always afraid to turn the hubs in and doing everything in 2WD.......GROW A SET MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

(J/K).................:taunt:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
d35?

burly looking trail truck how do you keep that d35 together?what prob's have you had and any good fixs or ideas for someone thinking about doing an sas because of reliability problems on trail.ive got a manual tranny and lead foot maybe the d35 isent for me.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
burly looking trail truck how do you keep that d35 together?what prob's have you had and any good fixs or ideas for someone thinking about doing an sas because of reliability problems on trail.ive got a manual tranny and lead foot maybe the d35 isent for me.

its not for you because you don't have it tuned right. I'd take 4x4Junkie's or Will's or thumper's tuned D35 over an sas ranger anyday

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
its not for you because you don't have it tuned right. I'd take 4x4Junkie's or Will's or thumper's tuned D35 over an sas ranger anyday
how do you tune ttb so bearings dont fail other than keeping the beams level and clearancing the yolks? my truck flexs great and handles good.im talking about reliability,not springs and shocks.by the way you are probably right about the rad. bushings,i had an old rambler that clunked hitting the brakes and when letting off/starting again.ive had radius bushings get crushed but i took care of it before the wheel started clunking around.anyway i was asking about problems hes had. try not to follow me around the forum when i ask other people questions eh?:idiot:

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
how do you tune ttb so bearings dont fail?
read the tech library. I have never had a bearing failure in a D35.

try not to follow me around the forum when i ask other people questions eh?
Well, aren't you a little self centered to think i have noting better to do than "follow" you around the forum.

When I log in I click the new post link and read then post, click the newpost link and repeat....... i don't follow anybody around the forum.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
how do you tune ttb so bearings dont fail other than keeping the beams level and clearancing the yolks? my truck flexs great and handles good.im talking about reliability,not springs and shocks.by the way you are probably right about the rad. bushings,i had an old rambler that clunked hitting the brakes and when letting off/starting again.ive had radius bushings get crushed but i took care of it before the wheel started clunking around.anyway i was asking about problems hes had. try not to follow me around the forum when i ask other people questions eh?:idiot:
sorry probably didnt need to say that but the question was for him and ive had the roller bearing in the back of the spindle fail and chew up the stub shaft. ive also had to replace them on customers rbv's. also you didnt say what tuning has to do with my question

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
tuning tips

id like to hear any tuning tips you have,im trying to get peoples experiences not have them say you shouldnt use ttb because you dont know how to tune it tune it.-thumper sorry for the drama on your thread

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I didn't tell you not to use it. I was agreeing with you that you thought it wasn't for you. D35 is not for everybody and if you are already using the stronger joints and clearanced everything and you are still breaking stuff then something else is wrong. I have seen a locked D35 stand up to 347 stroker/NV4500 with 4.56's and 35's and it didn't have near the work into it that Junkie's has. Again I will tell you to check out the tech library, all the collective TTB secrets are there.

Thumper113

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
When I just wheel it As easy as I can.......As fast as necessary, it holds together. I broke two axles in all the time I've wheeled it but both times were due to me Hot-Dogging it. After I broke the center joint, I ground some of it off for clearance............it was at a sharp angle when the passenger side tire was off the ground & the suspension was at full droop. You're lead foot will bring D35 axles to a quick & certain death. You might wanna consider changing your wheeling habit about the lead foot (since it's not really necessary on the trail) or definetly perform an SAS with a strong diff...........but those aren't cheap to build up either.

On the wheel bearings, I'm what's considered Anal about them. I never had one fail me, even after driving through creeks & rivers. I clean & grease them with a semi-synthetic grease & tighten them properly. Honestly, it's about every 4 months that I service them. Unless & went wheeling in a place that had axle high water, (ie, rivers, creeks) then I service them after I get home or the next day. That might be too often for some folks to service them but then I'm one of the rare individuals here that has never has a D35 wheel bearing failure & I run 10" wide wheels & large tires. So in my book, that makes it worth the effort.

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
those first pics looked real fun...I'd love to wheel there...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals