• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some Progress

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, yesterday I got a few goodies and Have a couple mods I have been wanting to do and today was National Mod and Fix day For Gearheads so I figured I try my hand. Well, I got a late start so here we go..

Before Shots:

Stuff to be installed

Upcoming Mods lol

Tear down:

My High tech Coil Spring Retainers:

More tear down:

All was good until I ran into a snag, I didn't have enough extensions and my 1-1/16th's socket was a click too small, So I called a buddy of mine and asked for a lift, well he said he had to go to his Mother and Father's for a family gathering but he told me I can borrow his second truck, he came on by and picked me up and ran back to his house to Grab his "Knockaround truck"

Well here she is:

Here is what I needed to get, A 1-1/8th deep well socket and a 10" Extension:

More in next post.

Last edited:

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After some Elbow Grease, I Broke loose the Coil Spring nut and Rad arm Nut:

Tools everywhere:

Spacer in:

Shot of the group:

When the going get's tough, it is time to break out the Air Tools:

Removing the old Bushing and installing the new Adjustable bushing.

One side done:

Last edited:

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Need to adjust the camber more:

Other side, Around this time, the Wind picked up and Temp started dropping and rain began to fall but had to push though:

Other side

On it's own weight:

After a quick drive around the block:

All in All, I like it and I don't, I am gonna correct the alignment the best I can then run it to a shop, It is pulling to the right and I got some Positive camber going on right now. I also Having an issue with the coil spring and spacer not fully seating and being pushed forward. I still have My High Tech Coil spring retainers on (Zip ties) but I am gonna see if it settles tonight and Ill see if the go back to normal tomorrow before I take it to the shop.

Oh and I got the S-10 till wendesday and I seen the headlights are mis-alighned on the truck, Anybody know hoe to adjust them?

Last edited:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Nice work man! u plan on keeping the 31's? whats the rim width?
whats the spacer size? looks like u have around 5 inches of lift with the bl

I wonder how much taller my truck will end up when i SAS it. since i have a 2" bl and 2" susp. with 31s, and i dont wanna get bigger tires.

Yours looks right at the edge of proper tire size vs lift. im liking it.

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice work man! u plan on keeping the 31's? whats the rim width?
whats the spacer size? looks like u have around 5 inches of lift with the bl

I wonder how much taller my truck will end up when i SAS it. since i have a 2" bl and 2" susp. with 31s, and i dont wanna get bigger tires.

Yours looks right at the edge of proper tire size vs lift. im liking it.
Thanks Man!

Yeah, I plan on keeping the 31's, Maybe later might go to 32's and some different rims and I believe they are 15x8, They were on the truck when my dad bought it in 04.

As for the spacer they are 1.5 or 2". I think they are 2" because I got the prerunner look now.

and I think if you get some low height or low PPI springs you will get the perfect height. and i love your truck man! You get stuff done!

JTBeast3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
woot woot! get those fogs in dude haha

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Thanks Man!

Yeah, I plan on keeping the 31's, Maybe later might go to 32's and some different rims and I believe they are 15x8, They were on the truck when my dad bought it in 04.

As for the spacer they are 1.5 or 2". I think they are 2" because I got the prerunner look now.

and I think if you get some low height or low PPI springs you will get the perfect height. and i love your truck man! You get stuff done!
Ok nice.
Well ill be using leafs, its a bit easier that way lol
and thanks man, im trying to keep stuff getting done.

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Made some progress today, I wanted to get the Fog's in but Ran into a snag, These 2wd Body lifts just love to get in the way of the 4x4 valence, So I decided to do more modding and hopefully get em' in.

First off, I decided to do a little thank you and some work to the S-10 that my buddy so graciously loaned me, I Polished up the Headlight's and Tail's, Cleaned out the interior and was gonna try and re-align the headlights when I noticed one of his Hi-beam bulbs was out.

Some shots of the Ranger

Got My Finn sticker Not to long ago, I am kicking myself cuz, It's not low enough. RIP Jason.

Front Shot

The workstation lol

The parts

The Issue we are dealin with.

Decided it was time for lunch and I needed a few parts as well, So I hopped in the Beater S-10 and ran to town

Got the Nuts for shocks, I seen nathan on TRS do it on his "Rangbe v2.0" so I figures it was worth a shot on mine.

and needed some Chinese lol

Hit the Metal bar with some Hi temp paint.

Procomp lights

Time for some trimming

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got a little

Had to take it off and get to it better

Markin' off

More trimming

Got it grinded some.

Mock up

This is the issue I am having, I got it grinded some but, If I cut into it more I am gonna be into the bracket and I don't want to mess with the integrity of it, Anybody have any suggestions?

Installed the nuts, Ended up using one, for each so I have 6 more left over lol

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After I cleaned everything up, I decided to take it for a test drive and get some pic's, I had my Country mix playing on my Mp3 when Jason Aldean's Amarillo Sky Started playing, I drove over to a nearby field and grabbbed some shots, Not the best but oh well.

A side note- I replaced the high Beam on the s-10 but that was a no go...so...so much for that, i know its the wiring but thats going back to the house in a few. :redface:

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I made allitle more progress today with the rear, I Had a couple extra bucks and I know it is gonna be a while till I get the Monroe Max-Air Shocks for the rear like I wanted So i picked up a set of O'Reily Shackle extenders and went to work.

Start

The shackles

Hit em with some High temp paint.

Walk around

All was goin' Ok when I ran into a snag (Always something) , it seems I did not have enough jack to lift my rear end, So after a couple phone calls I rounded up a friend and we went over to another friends house to borrow his Floor jack and a Hunk of wood.

The problem we are facing.

My Buddies Altima

We ran to the guys house and got his jack and some wood,

During our impromptu part run, we got some drinks from a local stop and rob.

Unbolted the shock(s)

Now we in buisness, The last hole would've hat the truck sitting like this..My bud said I should Have kept it like this lol

After some adjustment, We got it squared away, Now It may looked racked but that is because my driveway is sloped, Ill try to get some level pic's in a few days,

( Don't Mind Him, He drives a Nissian)

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
More Pics, Once again dont mind my Friend

Figured I be nice and Take some pics of his Car

Now, These Shackle extenders didn't come without some issues, it has grade 5 hardware and if you wanna use your stock top bolts, You will need to make the Holes bigger. Second thing, if you have the stock exhaust, any kind of lift shackles will interfere with it, but you can unbolt the hanger and give you some breathing room.

Once again these are Temporary/GonnaGoOnTheSecond3rdGenWhenIgetIt Until I can afford to get a set of Monroe Air Shocks.

And another thing, I am not really digging it too much, I am thinking on some bigger tires later and to swap in some F-150 Coils in the front, mainly because I like the stuffed tire look and I fear these are becoming too small for the lift.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Looking really good man!
my cousin has the same issue with the bodylift and 4x4 valance.
nice nissan btw lol

I really like how your truck looks now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals