• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some aggravating Bluetooth questions.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
So I went and got a bluetooth headset to play my PS3 online and talk to friends. But for whatever reason, Playstation has decided that the only thing going on over headsets was chat. This will not do, there needs to be game audio and chat audio on the same headset connection.

Is this possible? (I no longer know where to look or what to look for)

Compounded by this, apparently my laptop doesn't have bluetooth (I could have sworn it did) so the only way to get audio through that is by an adapter through my TV (I have my laptop and PS3 going through a small 1080P TV I use as a monitor).

Is there a way so that the microphone can go to the PS3 and the output of my TV and PS3 chat go to/from the TV output via a headphone bluetooth adapter thingy (like this)?

The idea is, not to wake other people in the house up by explosions in the middle of the night.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
You can get bluetooth on your laptop by using one of them tiny thingies that plugs into a usb port. They work very well.

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
BB had their rocketfish wired and wireless headphones on sale one time for $15-$30. I picked up the wireless one and it works that way with both sound and audio. However, the key was (2) sets of cables to hook up. One USB cable, for power the transmitter and for chat and the audio was an audio line-in plug that you use to plug into the audio out on your TV for the game sound. Not the best headphones obviosly, but works good and is somewhat comfortable.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals