• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sold my 99 Ranger XLT

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Well guys....I sold my 99 Ranger last night. I bought it brand new July 27, 1999. A guy I know has been wanting to buy it for his son for about 4 years now. They came over late last night and kept showing me some cash and promised me the Ranger will have a great home and it will still be garage kept and babied forever. I sold it for $6,300 cash. I never thought I would sell it but the wife said we do need to get rid of a vehicle if I want another Jeep. I have been looking at another Jeep (2012 JK-8 low mileage) that I want to buy at my friends dealership. So...this Monday or Tuesday I am buying the JK-8. I will still have a pickup with the JK-8 conversion. Not much space in the cab since it is a 2 door. Cozy enough for 2 people.

txgocartB3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Of the ones that I have let go, I have always missed vehicles more than women.

Ray

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That sucks, but hopefully it actually went to a good home. Really nice truck you had there, wish my 99 looked that good. Would have been nice to keep it and get the Jeep, but I also understand the need to get rid of one before getting another. I'm wanting an old F-series myself, but to do it I need to get rid of the Kia (costing the most) or the 99 Ranger (don't need 2 4wd trucks) and finish the 86 project first.

Are those fender flares the original? I ask because mine have the built in mud flaps and I hate the way it looks and the flaps are pretty much useless with my 32" tires, would much rather have a set without.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, Josh. Those flares are Bushwacker extend-a-flare. I will miss that truck. It never gave me an issue. It came with no power door locks or power windows. That is what I wanted. It had the rear access doors and that was nice for putting stuff in the cab. The paint was really nice. I buffed it out waxed it at least 3 times a year. It has been garage kept since new. I did not want to sell my 06 Wrangler since I put a lot in it getting it offroad ready. But, I like the JK-8 with that pickup bed that I can use once in a while.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Picked up my 2012 Jeep JK8 today. Photos coming real soon. Waiting for the Lojack man to come set up my Jeep. Got to keep it safe if it get stolen!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals