• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So Were Ya Buyin Ur Ring Gears?

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
Out wheelin i here a click soon a few clicks then no tire movement. long story short front end wiped the teeth clean. so heres wat im runnin its the 70's bronco high pinion 44 (which needs a 60 or i wouldnt be on here) got yukon gearing runnin 5.13 ratio, being the ratio has been in the truck a wile im wondering where everyone gets their gears the cheapest lately. any help is appreciated... the cheapest i found was round 135$ for usa standard, also been considerin shit cannin the yukon go towards motive but who knows...

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Out wheelin' I hear a click, soon a few clicks then no tire movement. Long story short, front end wiped the teeth clean. So heres what I'm running. Its the 70's bronco high pinion 44 (which needs a 60 or I wouldn't be on here) got yukon gearing running 5.13 ratio, being the ratio has been in the truck a while I'm wondering where everyone gets their gears the cheapest lately. Any help is appreciated... The cheapest I found was around 135$ for usa standard, also been considering shit cannin the yukon go towards motive but who knows...
I got mine off the internet.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
completeoffroad.com

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Randys Ring & Pinion, Yukon gears

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I always use Yukon Gears...have never had a problem with them either. I have never seen them shear the teeth off like you say. They may not have been set up correctly to begin with, or you are just plain hard on the equipment. But I use Randy's Ring and Pinion for everything that has to do with rearends.

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
I always use Yukon Gears...have never had a problem with them either. I have never seen them shear the teeth off like you say. They may not have been set up correctly to begin with, or you are just plain hard on the equipment. But I use Randy's Ring and Pinion for everything that has to do with rearends.
They were set right checked and checked again... plain hard on equipment verry so. :icon_hornsup: not complainin about my yukon's they had a rough life from day one but wat grinds my gears is the week before i throw a nicce shiny set 4340 axles in it (yukon) n didnt get to stress test them yet! win some n loose some... thanks for the help guys theres a place or two i never heard of and will check w/ them!

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what size tires are you running?

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
38.5x18 wide swampers... lil much tire n gear on small axles but its wat i started on years ago w/ the 4.0 soon as i dropd the small block in her my driveline went to shit RIGHT NOW! i kinda tubelocked my self in all no one wants a 44/8.8 w/ a 5.13 ratio so im thinkin just run them till i get sick of buyin parts or i come across a 60 for the right price n go from there.

huntin_muddin_91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0/302 v8
Transmission
Manual
well finally got some free time and pulled the pan... ended up strippin the spiders out
now i got some more questions...
I can get used gears for 50 on ebay
i can get new gears from ECGS for 110
I can get a spool for 140
I have read somewhere the difference between full spool and mini spool im havin a mind blank and cant find the info now any help would be appreciated
also whats you opinoin on the situation? The way i feel its offroad only, locked front and rear dont sound so bad but turning will blow. i dont wanna go cheap gettin used crap n be back in the same boat. Also i have not ripped it apart and not completely convinced my carrier aint toast one gear is pretty floppy, thanks for any input!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals