• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So much car debt!!!!!

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My better half is older than me but actually prefers all the new bells & whistles, Id rather have the older stuff even if its not practical. Found a 7? 2-door lincoln on a local lot a few weeks back, very tempting. Ive never driven a 460 but I bet it would be fun! She would like a newer escape, I admit that I do like the 2011 escape we bought 2 years ago, Id like to bring this lincoln home, But Id have a better chance of her agreeing to a new bronco. Just came back from the weekly grocery run and I drove through the local ford lot to see if I could find a maverick (Ive yet to see one in person) No maverick but 2 broncos, both 4-door. a white bs and the other one looked lifted, looked like a soft top too. was unde the overhang by the showroom doors. Didnt want to go look at it on foot & have sales staff bug me. A few new generation rangers, the back lot which is usually new vehicle receiving is bare. The lincoln is at a used “sister “ lot across town.
View attachment 72232
Ever see that old detective show Cannon. Cannon was late 60's early 70's show. They show the old reruns on the Memorable Entertainment channel where I live. That's what he drives. Blue Lincoln two door with black vinyl top. That thing you posted looks awesome. Where's it located? You don't buy it, I might want to.

Last edited:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
man, i drove the ranger 700 miles one weekend, about 3 weeks ago. totally fine for long road trips.

i guess since i had to walk a lot when i was younger. i appreciate any wheels, ha ha ha
I'm 60 and I still walk a lot. Intentionally. Not to save on gas, to help me stay healthy. Shop I take my bikes to is 5.5 miles away. I'll drop a bike there and walk home, on a upper 90's day. And when they tell me it's ready, I'll walk back. Better than paying for a damn cab.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I'm 60 and I still walk a lot. Intentionally. Not to save on gas, to help me stay healthy. Shop I take my bikes to is 5.5 miles away. I'll drop a bike there and walk home, on a upper 90's day. And when they tell me it's ready, I'll walk back. Better than paying for a damn cab.
Ive walked to the parts store on more then one occasion. Not by choice.

Chapap

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
1.5” till I get these springs replaced
Tire Size
225-70-R14
I’ve done my share of walking cause of an imperative fuel gauge.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
I’ve done my share of walking cause of an imperative fuel gauge.
Funny....ive ran out more with a working gauge then a broke one lol

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Ever see that old detective show Cannon. Cannon was late 60's early 70's show. They show the old reruns on the Memorable Entertainment channel where I live. That's what he drives. Blue Lincoln two door with black vinyl top. That thing you posted looks awesome. Where's it located? You don't buy it, I might want to.
Marion Ohio. Guess its a 76, I thought it looked more like a 72
3A4ED9D7-F62E-4A45-B177-8D89A83302F0.png

TDI Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Most people buy things they truly cannot afford. Houses,cars, other toys. They live to the extent of what the bank will loan them and live pay check to pay check. It's really sad. Times have been good, but things could change quickly. Alot of people lost cars and their homes in the 2008 is down turn. Hard times are coming again soon.

I drive older paid for vehicles. If I can't pay cash I don't buy it. Me and the wife could both afford brand new cars but it isn't worth trading the security.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Quite frankly we have plenty of money. We can buy whatever we want. Pay cash too. There is a reason why. We always bought used and always paid cash. Now we are older and frugal living has paid off.

Some years ago we bought a new showroom/demo Fiat 500, got a few thou back on the trade-in, and said we would pay cash. They gave us a healthy discount. We picked up the car a few days later and paid $10,500.00. I bet deals like this are still to be had, one or two here and there at least.

BTW, even filthy rich Jay Leno who has a most extensive car collection, drives the same model Fiat every day. It's fun, light, snappy, parks anywhere, and gets up to 45 MPG.

Car prices today are just too much, all except they can't build them fast enough. And, if you buy your cars on time, you can expect to pay about $250,000.00 in interest over the course of your life.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Most people buy things they truly cannot afford. Houses,cars, other toys. They live to the extent of what the bank will loan them and live pay check to pay check. It's really sad. Times have been good, but things could change quickly. Alot of people lost cars and their homes in the 2008 is down turn. Hard times are coming again soon.

I drive older paid for vehicles. If I can't pay cash I don't buy it. Me and the wife could both afford brand new cars but it isn't worth trading the security.
You also have the people who "over buy"....as in "I need a brand new F350 4wd platnium diesel dually cause i need to tow (my 2500lb boat)".

Buy whatever ya want but i personally never cared to impress anyone. Espicially random people who see me driving.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Last road trip we took we used the F250. It sucked getting 10mpg instead of 27 but i have no clue how yall get comfortable in these newer vehicles. Her escape the seats are hard as a rock, theres that stupid console that i prop my knee against and it gets banged around, the steering is way to responsive for my likeing,..list goes on and on.

Another reason im buying a panther. Roadtripping.
My Ranger is not too horrible on road trips, but it is a Supercab. I would drive it anywhere, and it has been to several different states since I have owned it. Our 2015 Escape is not too horrible seat wise, but the leg room and center console make it a tad uncomfortable on longer trips. for the ultimate road trip car I bought the Buick Lucerne. it does pretty good. Ride is better than the 87 Merc Grand Marquis that I owned, and the back seat has more leg room. but the Merc had a much bigger trunk and more hip room in it. Both seat 6.

Yeah ... Hard to beat riding on a couch ..

Lincoln's and Cadillacs... And broughhamz...

Yup .. nice.
The Buick Lucerne has the driving on a couch experience with the middle front seats ability to fold the back down into an armrest and the middle bottom front folds out for a cup holder. plus storage in middle bottom and armrest. the back seat has an armrest with cupholders that fold out as well. My Mother in Law borrowed the buick a few weeks ago and she really likes the ride. she described it as riding on a giant marshmallow.

Where's that video of the '59 Impala VS a newer car..... (The Impala was literally DESTROYED, including the passenger cabin). The newer car, the front end was in rough shape, but the passenger cabin was intact. That video was what they call frontal offset. Essentially a head-on crash, but offside.

View attachment 72254

That's my 2004 Ford Focus. Equivalent to a frontal offset crash, except that she rear-ended a stopped car. What I want you to notice is that the View attachment 72255

You'll notice that the interior is ENTIRELY intact. That crash was at about 40MPH. We both walked away. Try doing THAT in one of your precious antiques.

Oh, here it is:

The driver of the Impala would likely have been severely injured, and likely lucky to be alive. The driver of the Malibu would have walked away. Why? Not because of airbags, but because the PASSENGER COMPARTMENT OF THE MALIBU REMAINED INTACT.
when that video of the 59 impala came out, I mourned its loss.. but even with a better frame than the "X" style frame that driver would be dead. notice how the hood came through the windshield.

AJ

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My Ranger is not too horrible on road trips, but it is a Supercab. I would drive it anywhere, and it has been to several different states since I have owned it. Our 2015 Escape is not too horrible seat wise, but the leg room and center console make it a tad uncomfortable on longer trips. for the ultimate road trip car I bought the Buick Lucerne. it does pretty good. Ride is better than the 87 Merc Grand Marquis that I owned, and the back seat has more leg room. but the Merc had a much bigger trunk and more hip room in it. Both seat 6.

The Buick Lucerne has the driving on a couch experience with the middle front seats ability to fold the back down into an armrest and the middle bottom front folds out for a cup holder. plus storage in middle bottom and armrest. the back seat has an armrest with cupholders that fold out as well. My Mother in Law borrowed the buick a few weeks ago and she really likes the ride. she described it as riding on a giant marshmallow.

when that video of the 59 impala came out, I mourned its loss.. but even with a better frame than the "X" style frame that driver would be dead. notice how the hood came through the windshield.

AJ
That hood would not of come through the windsheild on something with a real frame. 50s and 60s vehicles wernt the best in accidents ill admit that. But a 70s land barge is very safe.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Born & raised & live here in the Southwest.
In previous lives, I've worked contract in the NJ\NY area; never lived there fulltime.
I understand working in NJ\NY to make good money when opportunity knocks; I dont understand living there.
Just too crowded, too expensive, too dirty, too old, too much crime, too much noise for my peace of mind.
$12k\yr in property taxes is insane; makes being a "home owner" little more than being an indentured slave to a feudal kingdom.

A beautiful house+land+deer+elk+moose+quiet here, owned clear, taxes 1/10 of yours.
If anything comparable were even available in NJ\NY, cost would be stratospheric!
I guess home is where the heart is, but $12k/year in house taxes is just nuts.
Los Angeles is the same, I am lucky to have a few acres on the outskirts, but whether in the city or suburbs, its too crowded, too expensive, too much crime, too many Karens, and smells like peepee. I dont get why people are killing themselves to be here. If it wasnt for my job and little refuge of a home, would be gone.
I think the problems is greed of real estate developers, building stacks of condos with little to no space for parks or parking, on plots that should really just be single family homes. The suburbs have become just as condensed, the traffic jams expand well beyond downtown. The politicians and officials are probably in on it too.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Los Angeles is the same, I am lucky to have a few acres on the outskirts, but whether in the city or suburbs, its too crowded, too expensive, too much crime, too many Karens, and smells like peepee. I dont get why people are killing themselves to be here. If it wasnt for my job and little refuge of a home, would be gone.
I think the problems is greed of real estate developers, building stacks of condos with little to no space for parks or parking, on plots that should really just be single family homes. The suburbs have become just as condensed, the traffic jams expand well beyond downtown. The politicians and officials are probably in on it too.
In densely populated areas, multi-unit housing is far preferable to SFHs. It creates more housing in the same amount of land area. This increases housing supply and helps to keep real estate costs down for everybody. A lack of affordable housing is a huge reason why CA cities have so many issues with crime, homelessness, and "smelling like peepee."

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
In densely populated areas, multi-unit housing is far preferable to SFHs. It creates more housing in the same amount of land area. This increases housing supply and helps to keep real estate costs down for everybody. A lack of affordable housing is a huge reason why CA cities have so many issues with crime, homelessness, and "smelling like peepee."

no. Don't agree.

makes for vertical trailer parks.

condensing LCD.....is condensing LCD....is condensing LCD.

.the reason for the homelessness there is because it pays to be homeless and do nothing but leach off society....and that is for the vast majority....

not all ...but damn near

there is not a lack of affordable housing...there is an increase of people that want something for nothing.

and getting the entitlements resulting from the theft of those that prefer to be in society of old.

because you will go where you can live as a productive person...

see over run southern border

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals