• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So, I put Leds in my mirrors...

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I figure I get around installing the LEDs in my mirrors, hopefully when I get some time I can make a How to, along with the clutch job one. Anyhoo, i got these off embay, I forgot the price, but it was cheap. the only think i hate about them is the wires are redonklously small, So it would be a great idea to soder the suckers to something with some thinckness to it.

9 Led Strip the tape overs the wires sodered and covered with head shrink tubing.

Close up

Now with these aftermarket mirriors, You are gonna have to find a way to pop the retaining clips hanging onto the motor, The good thing is you can do em with a scredriver and some pressure, Just be mindful of the mirror.

Close up of the clips

and Off

Here are the clips

door panel off

3 bolts that hang on the mirror (11mm)

After I took them off, I figured this would be a perfect time to fix my ghetto wiring I did when i first installed my mirrors, So I grabbed some flux, Soder and the Iron and went to work

Close up, Yep, it was bad

During

and done.

----------

Now it was time to set the LEDs in with the epoxy, I kinda winged it, aside from putting the mirror n and eyeballing how far it goes back, so it can still move if I needed to adjust it.

the epoxy, harbor freight special stuff

Set in

And back on the door with the mirror on,

Close up

I decided to run the wire down though the grommit leading to the cab, then took the wires and used a bolt on the fender as a ground and one of the wires on the turn signal connector as the power for it

On

Off

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the other side

OFF

While working on the stuff, I finally got my LEDs for my Dome light and OHC, Woot.

Setting the LED in

fixed wiring

Pressing in the glass, Just take your time and slowly press it on, Don't want to break it

Glass inn

Running the wiring

ON

For the Right side I tapped into the bottom wire of the Right front turn signal connector

On the Left, I tapped into the top wire

And all Done! (Ignore the little minion of a sister)

After that, I installed the LEDs in the dome light, Holy hell they are bright!

Well, Bout it for now guys!

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
nice detailed posting of LEDs. I noticed a panel under your tailgate,does your truck have a body lift?

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice detailed posting of LEDs. I noticed a panel under your tailgate,does your truck have a body lift?
Thanks Longbed! Yeah it does have a body lift.

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
are those LED's in the morrors a single diode set up or do they have a low & high diode. It would be cool I THINK if it was dual diode for running lights & blinker.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals