• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

So Cal camping

Viper Command

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2x'97-'88-'98-'
Make / Model
Ranger,Ranger,
Engine Size
3.0,4.0OHV 2.9, 4.6DOHC, 4.0SOHC
Now that the weather is gitting better, the wife and I want to go camping/off roading trip some time next month, thats close to all of us and for all skill levels of driving.
Any ideas on where we could go, any one else want to make a trip of it???

Im also in contace w/ some bII owners.

masterbrenden

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2010
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
3.0l v6/4.0l v6
Transmission
Automatic
up in big bear... there is john bull trail and alot of other trails... but do know john bull is supposed to be the hardest on this mountain

WisdoM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm always down for a local trip :icon_thumby:

Viper Command

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2x'97-'88-'98-'
Make / Model
Ranger,Ranger,
Engine Size
good,

I find it hard to belive there is only 3 people that live in so.cal. on this site.

WisdoM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Viper Command

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2x'97-'88-'98-'
Make / Model
Ranger,Ranger,
Engine Size
Thank you for the links, but I enjoy the ranger company, jeeps and hummers are a bit to snobbie, and full of themselvs, for me. I geuss that is what happens when you buy a new stock JK $50,000 or an H2 for $75,000.

I find, us ranger ie. rbv's live with a real buget, have pride with what we build with our hands, and have no problems helping others out, hints this very good site.

Hanzo Steel

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thank you for the links, but I enjoy the ranger company, jeeps and hummers are a bit to snobbie, and full of themselvs, for me. I geuss that is what happens when you buy a new stock JK $50,000 or an H2 for $75,000.

I find, us ranger ie. rbv's live with a real buget, have pride with what we build with our hands, and have no problems helping others out, hints this very good site.
The people on both those forums are not the snobbie type, they are all about having fun.

btw, I don't think any of them would own a hummer...

Viper Command

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2x'97-'88-'98-'
Make / Model
Ranger,Ranger,
Engine Size
I feel the same way about off-roaders like that. They buy these expensive vehicles and they feel they own the trail just because the have a more expensive toy then what we have. I love how Rangers do in the back country.

I would be more then happy to go, but my 4WD is parked over in my friend's backyard waiting for me to finish to get it on the road. That won't be for awhile. So all I have is my 2WD and I don't off road that one to much anymore since it's my daily driver.

What parts do you need to finish, I have some crap sitting around.

The people on both those forums are not the snobbie type, they are all about having fun.

btw, I don't think any of them would own a hummer...

Well sorry if I insulted you. I have had problems with others. Things never end well when they challange you to a pissing contest. If you decline they talk $hit and if you show them up, they get in your face.

I know not all people are the same, Call me stupid but its just my prefrence.

recklessabandonman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Transmission
Automatic
I posted on B2.org as well, but Azusa canyon is a good not so difficult wheeling place if one chooses. Never been in my truck, but I'm sure if I break anything you'll be able to help me out. Camping, I'm not sure, but I'm down to do some light wheeling with you and your wife. She seems nice that one I saw you on the freeway haha.

The_Ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Lima Twin-Spark
Transmission
Manual
I posted on B2.org as well, but Azusa canyon is a good not so difficult wheeling place if one chooses. Never been in my truck, but I'm sure if I break anything you'll be able to help me out. Camping, I'm not sure, but I'm down to do some light wheeling with you and your wife. She seems nice that one I saw you on the freeway haha.
Hey guys, I'm familiar with Azusa canyon. Doesn't look to difficult and has water crossings still at this time of year. Should probably go before the water level drops too much lower.

Let me know if you guys are up for it. I'm in Glendora/Azusa area all the time.

Pagemaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 Liter V-6
Transmission
Automatic
i dont use my ranger for off road but im always down to camp!

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I camp and wheel all the time! Coming up is the Rebel Chapter 4x4 camping wheeling trip in Big Bear on 9/11 weekend. The Victor Valley 4 Wheelers will be doing thier annual Fun in the Desert weekend out at the Hammers the last weekend of September. Fissure Mountain and The Big Easy should be well within your capabilities. Also, over Halloween weekend, we will be running the Mojave trail Saturday thru Monday.

I will be at the Big Bear event, Leading the Big Easy at the FITD and leading the Mojave road. If your interested, you are more than welcome to go! :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Viper Command

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2x'97-'88-'98-'
Make / Model
Ranger,Ranger,
Engine Size
I will be at the Big Bear event, Leading the Big Easy at the FITD and leading the Mojave road. If your interested, you are more than welcome to go! :icon_thumby:
Thank you for the invite, the wife and I would like to go. I hope I dont break something on the truck before the trip.

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Which trip are you interested in? They are all very different and alot of fun!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals