• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Snow!

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
cabin fever set in already, eh?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
None as of yet here in southwestern Idaho. Although for me nothing changes, still drive the Bronco 2, Ranger gets driven a bit less but might get more use this winter as I think with the camper shell on it, it may give it enough weight to get enough traction to get out of its own way in the snow/ice LOL. Been tossing around the idea of picking up a set of snow tires for it, but I have my Bronco 2 and Explorer so the Ranger can sit at home if needed. Last few years we've got maybe 8 inches at the most in one storm, most of the storms last winter gave us hardly anything, nothing even measurable. 2016-2017's winter on the other hand was somewhat of a winter like we used to have, had 2 feet of snow in the driveway from January into mid March...funny though, you started seeing all the old trucks, cars, and SUV's coming out of the woodworks, as people couldn't get their fancy new crossovers and cars out of their driveways let alone down the roads which were ice/snow packed with pretty deep ruts to contend with, so unless you had a real SUV or truck you weren't going anywhere. Started seeing a lot of older cars, a few AMC Eagle SX4's appeared again, lots of Jeeps, older 80's and 90's pickups, and several old 60's and 70's station wagons of all things, well they were doing pretty well in the snow/ice so I guess whatever worked then again that's what a lot of people used to have, old 2WD farm trucks, old station wagons, etc...before 4WD became a pretty common thing, and AWD I don't think existed in the 70's and earlier...a few different vehicles in the 80's had some form of very crude AWD, but I think most were some form of full time 4WD back then.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Woke up to this...

It was gone by noon. About an inch on the deck and tables
20211114_093500.jpg
20211114_095115.jpg

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
None here, but it was chilly for this time of year early on Sunday morning. No precipitation, clear sunny morning. If we had had anything fall before sunrise, it would have been snow, but it would have quickly melted.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Nope, on the contrary there is a heat wave here. Its been 80's-90F+ degrees here all week. Kind of annoying in November. Supposed to cool down this week to mid 70's. News said we are going from 10F above avg in one week to 10F below average the next week. CA weather is like its people, can't make up its mind.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
We were supposed to get 2" or so but ended up getting about six on Saturday. My son got a snowmobile this fall and he was able to ride it, so that's good. I actually like the snow. It allows for lots of activities I cannot do in the summer, like snowshoeing, snowmobiling, etc. That said, I don't like when it's teens+ below zero, for weeks on end. Especially if there's no snow. I think having drastically different, but short seasons helps one appreciate each one a little more.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I think having drastically different, but short seasons helps one appreciate each one a little more.
Helps appreciate AND helps hate each one at the same time lol.

Winter- "can't wait for spring, it'll be warm enough to be outside"

Spring- "can't wait for summer, these bugs are driving me nuts, can't stand outside for 5 minutes without acquiring 17 itchy bites"

Summer- "alright, these bikini clad tourists ARE nice to look at.. but.. theyre taking up all the room, drive like idiots, and it's way too humid. Can't wait for fall"

Fall-... well.... shoot. Falls the best. Apparently.. Because I can't think of a single reason why I'm looking forward to winter 😆

I DO very much enjoy the feeling of being all super warm and comfy while driving through the first few snow storms, and the "winter wonderland" landscape IS much better looking than stupid dead brown beech leaves that refuse to fall off their stupid trees... but.. the novelty wears off quick.

It doesn't take long to get stuck behind someone driving 25 mph on a 50mph road because there's literally 7 snowflakes falling from the sky.

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Helps appreciate AND helps hate each one at the same time lol.

Winter- "can't wait for spring, it'll be warm enough to be outside"

Spring- "can't wait for summer, these bugs are driving me nuts, can't stand outside for 5 minutes without acquiring 17 itchy bites"

Summer- "alright, these bikini clad tourists ARE nice to look at.. but.. theyre taking up all the room, drive like idiots, and it's way too humid. Can't wait for fall"

Fall-... well.... shoot. Falls the best. Apparently.. Because I can't think of a single reason why I'm looking forward to winter 😆

I DO very much enjoy the feeling of being all super warm and comfy while driving through the first few snow storms, and the "winter wonderland" landscape IS much better looking than stupid dead brown beech leaves that refuse to fall off their stupid trees... but.. the novelty wears off quick.

It doesn't take long to get stuck behind someone driving 25 mph on a 50mph road because there's literally 7 snowflakes falling from the sky.
Haha, yep I suppose that's true. The one season I don't care for at all is spring. Spring is just sloppy, soggy, grossness here. And I agree fall is the best. I'm a polar bear, and I appreciate the drop in temperature. All my favorite summertime activities are better in the fall.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
We got some last night in eastern Pa, just a sprinkle, Was gone by the time I finished my coffee.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Fawk that. Last night my girlfriend and I were riding around the neighborhood on our bicycles.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
We got a fraction of an inch Saturday night and they salted the friggin' roads. No more Ranger or Mustang for this year.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Im suprized they didnt salt here. Im done moving (finally) so its time to park the ranger for the winter anyways. My commute is less now but thats even worse for winter in the ranger as it takes so long to warm up. The hhr has a great heater and better winter tires but not much ground clearance if we get some serious snowfall, Then Id have to get the ranger out of hibernation. (Or take her to work then pick her up after, the escape is by far the best winter vehicle, if we didnt just go in to debt with a house Id get her a new escape & claim the old one as mine.)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals